Trying out the follow me

Reaction score
tested out the follow me. It works but no way like the promo vid on dji of the mountain biker!,

I noticed those two things. I understand, more or less, what they do, but....

What's the major difference between 'follow me' and 'active track"?

I believe "follow me" literally locks on and follows the remote control (using the controllers GPS location).

Active Track locks onto a physical target on the screen and tracks it, but the drone wont move.

There is no GPS in P4 RC (controller) but on iPad if cellular model (hardware GPS chip), or from the web if same device connected to network.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You guys are right- it is active track. I do have a cellular iPad so where is follow me on the go app?

Active Track is a new follow-"any moving object" feature for the P4 based on visual object recognition.

The original Follow-me already introduced for previous Phantoms is based on GPS tablet position only as not having optical sensors with object recognition.

Find discussion about P4 follow me usage:
Follow me on P4 doesn't work

Note also with P4, advantage of Cellular device is that GPS coordinates are known at physical RC level so you can ie set a custom home-point different from where the bird started (additional set home point icon in Go App). Useful if you move somewhere else while the bird is flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94