Transferring video from SD Card

Reaction score
Hi
I am starting to have issues that I dont understand with my SD card. I reformatted the card using the DJI Go app, just before take-off; filmed what I wanted; plugged that card into Mac Book Laptop, and the card was recognised. When I go to the folder, I can see the video there and it is saying that it is 14Gb. I then drag and drop onto the desktop where the file still says it is 14Gb, but when I try to open the file the video is just 1 second long.

Anyone any ideas what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks

Alex

When I go to the folder, I can see the video there and it is saying that it is 14Gb. I then drag and drop onto the desktop where the file still says it is 14Gb, but when I try to open the file the video is just 1 second long.
Something's not right because the Phantom won't record a file that big.

Reactions: Peter Galbavy
Something's not right because the Phantom won't record a file that big.

Right Ok, well I have copied the files as such to my desktop and have now reformated the SD card using the DJU Go app. I have to agree with you because I noticed that I had five files on the SD card totalling about 40GB, but according to the status bar I still had 50GB free on the card.

I am now totally puzzled as to what might be happening.

How are you trying to read the file Quicktime?
Right click on file, and elect open with. I have tried both Quick Time and VLC both give the same result. It appears that the problem is on the card as the copying from the SD card to desktop took about 2 seconds. I have reformated the card again and will try some test recording.

Have you tried reading the card with another computer? If it's OK there, but not on your Mac Book, then the Mac Book might be having problems.

If using a different card (known to work) doesn't help, and it can't be read properly on multiple computers, then the fault most likely lies with your Phantom.

Hi Alex, I'm in Devon too (EX34).

You may want to try d/loading the file with the cable from the phantom to a new folder (that you name), then check it, also do the same with a different sd card (what is the capacity of the card ?)

Good luck.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions. In the end I reformatted both sdcards on my mac and then on the drone before I flew and the problems now seem to have gone away. Both are recording as they should be and transferring the files from the card to the laptop as they should - weird, but what the neck, they are now both working.

I also had an issue with Vison System Errors, but following suggestions on this forum, recalibrated and that has also gone away, so currently a happy bunny.

Thanks everyone for your help, suggestions and interest.

Alex

Right Ok, well I have copied the files as such to my desktop and have now reformated the SD card using the DJU Go app. I have to agree with you because I noticed that I had five files on the SD card totalling about 40GB, but according to the status bar I still had 50GB free on the card.

I am now totally puzzled as to what might be happening.
What size card are you using, should be 64gb max

I had similar difficulties last week that I sought advice on at the DJI forum. I had corrupted files. Someone recommended connecting my MacBook Pro to the P4 with the included cable. The P4 is now seen as an external drive. (P4 power is on during file transfer. You might begin by "copying" the file, rather than "moving" the first so you don't risk losing your files.) Problem solved. I may not be swapping my SD card anymore. I suspect hot swapping or faulty SD adapters my have been a contributing source of my problem.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl