Trackers?

Thanks, I'm going to try here, I hope, if the parachute works, it won't crash here, plus it will fit in my case too !! (still have to add a zip tie)
View attachment 40476
Keith.. Separate topic, but can you give some feedback on the mayday/parachute? Been wondering about it...e.g. If the chute large enough to do anything, is it heavy enough to make a noticeable impact on battery life, dues the mayday detect issues well enough, etc....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well thats a darn good question, mine has been delayed twice and I see up on Products | North UAV they are back-ordered again.
Long story short, the owner of that co sent my Mayday - Phantom 3 Parachute Bundle out via 2-day express, so I'll have it tomorrow for sure, I'm getting the battery pack also, thats why order was held up, well it's a 36" mini setup made for the phantom 3, this will be my first recovery unit so I'm not sure yet on all the details, I know they say to get two-parachute's but thats another $100, I'v seen video on this chute and it does let the phantom fall a little faster than I'd like to see but with all the Phantoms crashing now I think "something" is better than nothing, as long as I don't crash on pavement that is !! There is some other guys in here I'd like to hear from as they have had their's longer and must have tested them by now.....What do ya say guy's ?

Reactions: davestern2
I have the Mars Mini with the Phantom 3 mount, seems to mount up great. I have the Mayday but have just ordered the mount (free from the their site you just pay shipping) as well as the battery pack already mentioned.

here is where i mounted mine.
this is a Hybread version of the marco polo.
that is rc version with a bigger battery that lasts longer.

I like your hybrid Marco Polo, mine's the RC version.
image.jpeg

Where in the UK can i purchase a Marco polo tracker.

Some sellers on eBay ship to the UK -- like this one.

I was looking at the Loc8r but I am not happy with it on 2.4g, same frequency as the copter's radio and video feed. Wouldn't want anything else on that band.

Also looking at the FMkit as its on a much lower frequency. However, would require buying an extra UHF handheld as well as building a RDF antenna to go with it. Both doable. More putzing though.

But, I am kinda liking the Marco Polo now that I see some specs on it. The range, the battery life and the integrated locator handheld all is leading me toward that. However, I find it curious that the "pet" version is $197 and the RC version is $219. WTH? RC isn't on sale so its $22 more expensive when it doesn't even have the waterproof shell on the transmitter (just shrinkwrapped). Seems like I could save $22 and get the pet version. I could chop it out of the shell to save weight and the battery on the pet version lasts substantially longer (probably a larger LiPo cell) 90 days instead of just 3.

Thoughts on which way to go on the Marco Polo?
the marco polo that I have is a Hybred of the pet rc tracker with the bigger battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4