tracker

I have an RF V16 gps tracker. Works very well once set up.
I don't mind throwing a few bucks on a card to have real time tracking, as this is only required on an as needed basis.

Ok...I am new, I admit, but don't you have real time tracking with the P3? If you have a flyaway, all you want to know is where it is, not how it got there, right? The P3 tracks itself, right? What is the advantage of having 2 real time tracking devices going at the same time. I promise I am not being a smarta**. I really would like to know.

Sorry, with the money I have in this I wouldn't fly without a tracker! And sorry cost doesn't even come into it at that point. It is what works and what doesn't.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree, there is always new tech on the horizon.

"I cant fly the Phantom 4 because the Phantom 8 is coming and I need voice operated laser guideance with holographic display."

There are tools to protect your device now, today. Waiting for the next big thing doesnt do you any good today unless you stay grounded or in the yard. Yes, the Ping will eventually release. I predict it will release late. It rolls out to product testers, fleet projects and those first in line. If all goes well then the full production rollout beings. This could take weeks or even months from the estimated ship date.

So there is a chance you wont get yours on July 1st. Who knows maybe it wont....but July is still 5 months away. You might as well return the bird and rebuy it in July. Save even MORE money!

if Ping does what it says it does, I will buy one, heck I will buy 3....but until then I need a tracker as of yesterday.

Point well taken. I just bought an RF-V16 on ebay for $30 and it will be here Sat.

Could you explain why you picked that? I really want to make the best possible choice for the long run. They seem very expensive, and in the only actual use I could find online, it did not work.

No cell fees, I had my wife drive away from our house.I did not know witch way she went.
When she came back I walked down my driveway,Turned Marco polo on.Follow the
arrow about a half mile. and found my drone hiding behind a telephone pole. I was very
impress and happy it worked.

Is anyone using the RF-V16? The person I bought it from says he has sold 1000's for drones.

I bought rfv16 & couldn't get it to work after trying a few different SIM cards. That thing drove me crazy trying to get it to work. I bought 3G trackimo and it works perfectly. Highly recommend trackimo!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: jakobe75
[QUOTE="jakobe75, post: 1103334, member: 80992"Yes, the Ping will eventually release. I predict it will release late. It rolls out to product testers, fleet projects and those first in line. If all goes well then the full production rollout beings. This could take weeks or even months from the estimated ship date.

So there is a chance you wont get yours on July 1st. Who knows maybe it wont....but July is still 5 months away. You might as well return the bird and rebuy it in July. Save even MORE money!

if Ping does what it says it does, I will buy one, heck I will buy 3....but until then I need a tracker as of yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Yes.. it WILL release late.. Calling for October now due to updating and increasing battery life. They also had way more orders than what they were planning so they need to make the production line bigger.
I ordered one myself, just hope I dont lose or kill my drone before then.

All the info is on the link I posted above, that is the public answer anyways.

They havent even started production. The increased battery life is just a fallback excuse. It was likely planned all along.

They have less orders than they expected, yes they met and surpasssed the goal on indegogo but havent 100% secured a retail vendor. (unofficial information).

They are 90 days late now. Even October is an ambitious goal. Waiting for their next big announcment.

Is anyone using the RF-V16? The person I bought it from says he has sold 1000's for drones.
Barely works in the usa since 2g has been shut down by att. Tmobile / us mobile has 2g, but coverage is extremly spotty. (None of the areas you want to fly in have any 2g coverage).

Save yourself the frustration and buy trackimo....wish i had.

I bought rfv16 & couldn't get it to work after trying a few different SIM cards. That thing drove me crazy trying to get it to work. I bought 3G trackimo and it works perfectly. Highly recommend trackimo!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Mine too , rfv16 is nearly a dead device for usa users.

A friend and I purchased Marco Polo trackers. It wasn't 2 days later (pilot error) lost his drone. Pulled out the Marco Polo and 20 minutes later had the drone. Went down in a swamp. Hidden in the cattails!

Reactions: jakobe75
I also have a RF-V16 tracker on my P3P, it was a bit tedious in first setup but once in operation it really works well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj