Top speed.

Air temp and air density (i.e. Launch elevation, among other thing) affect the true air speed (TAS) of the drone. Add wind velocity vector to the TAS to get your ground speed, which is what your readout is is likely giving you on your device. Therefore, it is entirely possible everyone can have a different "top speed" based on atmospheric conditions and launch location. Around sea level on a calm day (no idea what the wind was, likely less than 5 mph) I got 30 mph. You'll get a higher TAS (relative to indicated airspeed on real aircraft; the drone doesn't have an IAS indicator) and ground speed at higher elevations because there is less air putting drag on the aircraft. This is everyone is flying standard, out of the box. Don't forget to reduce speed for prop guards (more drag), different skins (more or less drags), other mods, more efficient props, etc.

Last edited:
If it is a P3P I'm sure that you did. I exceed 50 with mine on a regular basis. I have hit over 60 and still got over 40 on the return trip. DJI says top speed is 35 in case you get a lemon. Also get better speed in ATTI mode.

Haven't been able to hit over 32 mph since the recent firmware update. I have only flown a few times since the upgrade so am still holding out hope that it was the windy conditions holding the speed down.

Sent from my SM-J700T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Had my P3S hit 53.3 mph today flying in a cross wind

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

30f0c6e4fdc94060f4b2d69f5ae422ff.jpg

Last edited:
I hit 57 on my P3S yesterday on a windy day. It was very windy and I was in atti mode.

Man, I had mine at 150 Mph Brah, and the pedal was only halfway down man....

One thing to consider is the flight characteristics of how the P3s obtains forward motion. I would make a guess that your top horizontal speed is achieved either in the climb or descent. The DJI specs are set for horizontal flight which is not what is measured for horizontal speed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl