Took a soft crash - now its acting up...

Reaction score
New to drones - so bought a "beater" before I throw some serious $...

I have a DJI and have flown now for about 3 hours with it... Worked as expected... until a tree came out of nowhere and ran into it... and landed upside-down on the grass about 12 feet down...

But its acting weird.... where I lose responsiveness from the controller.... I can start it , but will lose "connectivity" - then regain - maybe... Can't be the controller - new batteries..
So something happened to the "guts" of the drone... Looking for any troubleshooting ideas...

Thanks in Advance!

Possible connection came loose inside the quadcopter from a fall? There are extensive videos on youtube to open up drones um you said you fly DJI but what model of drone do u have mavic or phantom series or something else? We can help troubleshoot with more information from you :)

Possible connection came loose inside the quadcopter from a fall? There are extensive videos on youtube to open up drones um you said you fly DJI but what model of drone do u have mavic or phantom series or something else? We can help troubleshoot with more information from you :)
Thanks! Phantom Series, Model: P330D

So that's a phantom 1 model and you say the controller to the drone is acting up like are you getting no response when u move the remote sticks or is it just flying where it wants to?

So that's a phantom 1 model and you say the controller to the drone is acting up like are you getting no response when u move the remote sticks or is it just flying where it wants to?
Yes, the drone basically becomes unresponsive to commands... If i hold the drone while running the controller will engage.. or when powered up i'll have control once it starts moving... Got scary when first happened... went way up without control... luckily GPS centering was engaged. Eventually came down. Thanks!

Has this worked? I used the NAZA-M software to connect and performed an "advanced" calibration on the IMU.

Have not taken for a flight yet, but did a "soft" test (all motors running for about 5 minutes) without taking off. Responds normally with controller input to the Phantom so far... Just don't want any surprises..

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31