To Recalibrate or not

Actually the P4 will prevent a bad calibration I tried to recalibrate the compass once 300 miles from home unfortunately I was surrounded by several cars in a field and it wouldn't calibrate because of all the metal so it kept the original calibration which was fine anyway , these quads have come a long way in technology...

I suspected that would be the case. As you say the last 3 years has seen so much improvement in reliability on these areas over the old Naza based units. Probably time I just let go of my slight paranoia over constant re-calibrations then. I think I'll stick to my method of 1 good calibration per 100 mile flight area though.... just less hassle having to do the dance every flight :rolleyes:

I have 236 flights logged and I've only calibrated three times. Once when I got it, once when the drone started flying oddly and another time when I got a DJI Go message complaining about the compass.

In all the flights I've logged, the furthest I've been from the 'home' calibration point is about 40 miles.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94