TK102B Instructions-Easy to Read

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Got these with mine and easier to read than the little book . Just click on page to enlarge page .

Attachments

• Scan_Pic0007.jpg
    Scan_Pic0007.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,278
  • Scan_Pic0008.jpg
    Scan_Pic0008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,098
  • Scan_Pic0009.jpg
    Scan_Pic0009.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,095
  • Scan_Pic0010.jpg
    Scan_Pic0010.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,104
Reactions: Rambo1
Good work Dirk, i didnt send any commands to mine to start with and it worked, i also had a Lebara SIM card sent with the unit, the only downside was finding a phone capable of taking a full sized sim so that i could activate the SIM card, most phones use micro sims.

I have mine attached with velcro and cable tie to the underside behind the battery, i put the battery in and wait for the light to settle, then i ring it and let it send me a text, this way i know its working fine and it also the current battery level as well.

When I go out to fly the first thing I check is calling it . By the time I get all ready it has text me back and I will make sure it is on and then go .

Reactions: Rambo1
Got these with mine and easier to read than the little book . Just click on page to enlarge page .
Thanks so much for the alternate instuctions! Cool. Well after screwing around with the sim and putting it back in the phone and going on the h2o website asking it to send me a verification code etc. Did that about 3 times.... Im just sitting here looking at the phone and all of a sudden I get a shitload of texts I had sent the number all at once and I can see it was showing some bars! Shortly after that no bars again and poo the phone was worthless again. I though ok it did something now try the tracker. Been following its instuctions etc and got it to send me back begin ok and got happy then because I know I am now comunicating with it. I just got my first GPS link and the location is right on within a few feet! Happy camper now. Thank again guys for the help and especially dirkclod for scanning those instructions for me.... so cool. Now to get to work here again and finnish with all my set up and testing. Looks like soon I will be doing my long range flight. Maybe tomorrow morning. :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks so much for the alternate instuctions! Cool. Well after screwing around with the sim and putting it back in the phone and going on the h2o website asking it to send me a verification code etc. Did that about 3 times.... Im just sitting here looking at the phone and all of a sudden I get a shitload of texts I had sent the number all at once and I can see it was showing some bars! Shortly after that no bars again and poo the phone was worthless again. I though ok it did something now try the tracker. Been following its instuctions etc and got it to send me back begin ok and got happy then because I know I am now comunicating with it. I just got my first GPS link and the location is right on within a few feet! Happy camper now. Thank again guys for the help and especially dirkclod for scanning those instructions for me.... so cool. Now to get to work here again and finnish with all my set up and testing. Looks like soon I will be doing my long range flight. Maybe tomorrow morning. :)
Your welcome Rambo and ya posted this in the stickie and not your thread . Don't matter but the guys that where helping you might not see you are working .
Anyway remember....when you add the tracker or ever move it around be sure and recal your compass . It will mess it up if you don't .
Also the 102 has the battery door. Secure it as if you do hit the ground it might come off and you lose your battery then it no good . I know .
I started using a zip tie around mine plus on the P2 it was zipped to the skid as well .On my Standard I have it velcroed under the battery box .
Looks like this back.JPG
Is why I went to the 109 as the battery is self contained .I am on my phone plan so it's unlimited calls so I do check mine a lot to be
sure it's working .Good luck :)

Good tip on securing the battery door!
We discovered yesterday that in a crash the battery will escape its compartment and render the tracker useless. Took 20 minutes to locate the battery.

Good tip on securing the battery door!
We discovered yesterday that in a crash the battery will escape its compartment and render the tracker useless. Took 20 minutes to locate the battery.
Here's how I found out .Took me 3 days but I was about 1 mile out . :rolleyes:
Look at the end at the battery door .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for the tip. I was planning on taping it full circle around the body and also wire tieing it to the landing gear. Just finnished having a visit with 2 FAA people because of a heighbors call. You can read about it on Notify FAA? Today I may do a long range test too but I have to survey the location for obstructions. Ill keep you guys posted.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic