tipping at launch

Reaction score
Hello all! I just went to purchase this drone, Vision Phantom 2+, I asked the guy to fly it before I buy it. He obliged and when he went to take off, it was like one side was tied to the ground and it flipped over. He tried it again and broke one of the props. He gave me the drone and said it was probably just a prop needing replaced.

So, here I have this machine, I have no idea where to start. Obviously get a new set of matching props but I want to make sure it isn't something else. This is my first drone and my knowledge base is minimal.

What would you do to start getting this thing off the ground? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: dirkclod
Well welcome to the forum first off 👍
Without knowing more I would say he wasn’t giving it enough
up stick on take off. You have to kinda give it some gas so to speak
to get it off the ground. Like jump it off the ground. Was my case
with all my P2’s.
First I would go to DJI’s site , download the Manual then watch
all the YouTube videos I could stand then start in a wide open space to get the feel of flying it.

Hello all! I just went to purchase this drone, Vision Phantom 2+, I asked the guy to fly it before I buy it. He obliged and when he went to take off, it was like one side was tied to the ground and it flipped over. He tried it again and broke one of the props. He gave me the drone and said it was probably just a prop needing replaced.

So, here I have this machine, I have no idea where to start. Obviously get a new set of matching props but I want to make sure it isn't something else. This is my first drone and my knowledge base is minimal.

What would you do to start getting this thing off the ground? Thanks in advance!
I own one of these Phantom 2 Visions.... I'm a pretty good pilot and I still find it hard to fly. From the Phantom 3 on they became much more advanced. The quality of the GPS systems and electronics in even inexpensive drones today really have changed things.

Are you located in the US?..... If so contact me via PM. I have props, batteries etc. Wouldn't cost you more than the price of shipping for anything you need.

I saw this kinda sorta behavior twice. Once, the props were put on the wrong motors. The other time was when a GoPro was interfering on the same frequency, (but that may have been a phantom 1, and I was trying to live stream the gopro, memory fades at my age)
My experiences may have nothing to do with yours.

Could be that the seller had put the props on incorrectly, or it could be a more serious motor issue. Here is how the props should be installed.. https://youtu.be/a3KohkrDCDE

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20