tighter turn in home lock mode

Reaction score
I'd like to get a tighter turn while in the home lock mode. Like I read somewhere, if you hold the right stick to the left , or right, it will circle above you either cw or ccw, depending on the stick position, but it makes or takes such a large circumferance to complete. can this be tighter or smaller circle achieved with settings in the assistant? or to the Rx ? Or is it fixed to a proportion of it's distance or height above it's base point, kind of like an inverted cone ?

ken Casey said:
I'd like to get a tighter turn while in the home lock mode. Like I read somewhere, if you hold the right stick to the left , or right, it will circle above you either cw or ccw, depending on the stick position, but it makes or takes such a large circumferance to complete. can this be tighter or smaller circle achieved with settings in the assistant? or to the Rx ? Or is it fixed to a proportion of it's distance or height above it's base point, kind of like an inverted cone ?

I don't think it's a cone shape,. more of a cylinder.

HL works off the GPS, and it only good for 10m/30ft out, so the tightest circle you can fly in with it is 20m/60 ft in diameter.

If you want to pull something off similar, in either GPS or ATTI (with IOC off), you would just push the right stick (aileron) right while pushing the left stick (rudder) left and it will make a circle - while still aiming at the center subject.
however it takes some skill and practice.

with a 3rd party Tx, it's possible to combine those actions, but it's still tricky to get right.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj