This is my camera on my New P-3 SE 4K why no place for a UV ?

this is the set not to get due to the weight no matter what set you get when you shut off the drone the cam will drop as the motors are no longer active to hold the camera up sometimes this happens on my standard even without filters and is normal
what's wrong with them because of the weight? Please let me know because I've used these for about 60 flights now... I haven't noticed any negative effect on the gimbal etc but if I'm doing something I'd like to know! I've loved them as of now

Reactions: epicdoom
yes the weight on that set is higher then the first set I posted without the slide on adaptor. to much weight on the gimbal will cause gimbal motor issues and can cause them to burn out faster as they are constantly trying to hold the excess weight in place. based on what I've read no filters are really that good in that respect, but getting the lightest weight possible will be less damaging. My buddy is looking at plastic film in the neutral density range for making his own slip on filters from. they will be completely made from the film so should be very lightweight when he gets a few made up Ill weigh them for him, he doesn't have a good scale, but I'm already thinking less then a gram and a half if even that

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
yes the weight on that set is higher then the first set I posted without the slide on adaptor. to much weight on the gimbal will cause gimbal motor issues and can cause them to burn out faster as they are constantly trying to hold the excess weight in place. based on what I've read no filters are really that good in that respect, but getting the lightest weight possible will be less damaging. My buddy is looking at plastic film in the neutral density range for making his own slip on filters from. they will be completely made from the film so should be very lightweight when he gets a few made up Ill weigh them for him, he doesn't have a good scale, but I'm already thinking less then a gram and a half if even that
How is he going to get them to stay on? I'm gonna look for the ones you posted then. I wondered if the extra weight would have any negative effect that drastic. I thought it would be in the range they'd of built it being equilvent to a strong wind pulling on the camera etc. I guess I'm in the market for a new set lol

ahhh i see ! get a set of the push on ones, and if you are set on a uv filter, do some research on linear and non linear. ( wish i would have!). and get the lightest one that fits your budget ( again...wish id spent a few extra $ for lighter filters ).
Are referring to linear vs circular polariser filters (rather than UV)? To the extent you are what was the issue? A circular PL is simply a linear PL with a circular PL sandwiches behind it. They are necessary on some cameras (particularly SLR with a partial mirror) to maintain accuracy of the light metering and in rare cases the AF system. Non linear PL function identically to circular as far as the creative effects.

How is he going to get them to stay on? I'm gonna look for the ones you posted then. I wondered if the extra weight would have any negative effect that drastic. I thought it would be in the range they'd of built it being equilvent to a strong wind pulling on the camera etc. I guess I'm in the market for a new set lol
he's going to make a hoop just slightly smaller then the cameras diameter so it will friction fit over the camera barrel then the business end of the filter will be glued directly to the hoop and trimmed to size. I think he's going to have trouble with gluing it personally but he told me to have faith so we will see when he gets one done lol I have a 3D printer I could just print some 1mm thick hoops for him to affix the lens material to but he wants to try it his way so.

Hey motorcycle man. I bought these for my se. Polar Pro they were a little pricy but slide on nice and tight. Gimbal has no problem on start up. I like that they have a plastic ring with
real glass very light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 337
Hey motorcycle man. I bought these for my se. Polar Pro they were a little pricy but slide on nice and tight. Gimbal has no problem on start up. I like that they have a plastic ring with
real glass very light.
I have also a set of ND filters. When these are 'wrong' mounted, I immediately get a message 'gimbal overloaded'. Perhaps I will use them again in the future but at this moment I'm not very enthusiastic. I hate error messages.

Last edited:
I have also a set of ND filters. When these are incorrectly mounted, I immediately get a message 'gimbal overloaded'. Perhaps I will use them again in the future but at this moment I'm not very enthusiastic. I hate error messages.[/QUOTE

Wow never saw that with mine. Are they Polar Pros

Chaktib is this a mis type as you stated above >>> When these are incorrectly mounted,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94