This 360 stuff is fun!

Reaction score
I have only done two, 360's. Just learning about the the lighting and composition. One I took at high noon. The other one, I was trying to catch a sun set. I missed the good point. Oh well, next time. LOL It is so quick and easy with Hangar.
This area is my neighborhood. I love flying it.
Hangar 360 photos from around the world.

Last edited:
Yes it is and high noon is the best time. I have been experimenting with doing them low but they haven't done well below 10' and your links didn't work .
Look like this
Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 8.53.07 PM.png

Yes it is and high noon is the best time. I have been experimenting with doing them low but they haven't done well below 10' and your links didn't work .
Look like this
View attachment 96215
I have been working on it, but I can not find another way to post it. One is a sentence you click on and another one is an image you click on?
It looks good and works on my view. I did another try. Does it work now. Hard for me to know. All the ways show good on my computer.

Last edited:
Click the 3 dot's in the top left of your 360 and you will see Share and hit otherIMG_1088.PNG I just send them to myself in a message and get them or you can copy the link . Should come out like this though .
In the message I send myself it looks like this .
Edit, Sorry I didn't see till I posted you had figured it out .

Last edited:
I have only done two, 360's. Just learning about the the lighting and composition. One I took at high noon. The other one, I was trying to catch a sun set. I missed the good point. Oh well, next time. LOL It is so quick and easy with Hangar.
This area is my neighborhood. I love flying it.

Now that is extremely cool. I have to try that. I notice the website says it will work on a Phantom 4, but no mention of a Phantom 4 Pro, which I have. I can't see why it wouldn't work though.

Very nice shots! Which drone and app do you use for this type of work?

Last edited:
Very nice shots! Which drone and app do you use for this type of work?
It works only on Apple phone or I Pad. Hangar is a free app. that works on all the Phantoms.
Hangar actually uses the photos for their business to show customers places that they may want to develop. So they’re actually using us to take their pictures that they keep on file, but we get to use the photos.
Hanger takes over your drone and takes all the pictures that’s needed to make the 360. It’s really simple and easy to do. It takes a little while to download them. I do it at the house with my Wi-Fi because it takes a lot of bytes. But when you upload them, you can get them back in about 10 minutes just perfect.

Reactions: OOO
It works only on Apple phone or I Pad. Hangar is a free app. that works on all the Phantoms.
Hangar actually uses the photos for their business to show customers places that they may want to develop. So they’re actually using us to take their pictures that they keep on file, but we get to use the photos.
Hanger takes over your drone and takes all the pictures that’s needed to make the 360. It’s really simple and easy to do. It takes a little while to download them. I do it at the house with my Wi-Fi because it takes a lot of bytes. But when you upload them, you can get them back in about 10 minutes just perfect.
Can't you just use the Hangar app to take the photos, and then use another program like PTGui to create the 360 spherical panorama, to retain full ownership, sharing from your own website, or another, where you can control access to it? You can also certainly take all the photos manually, using the aircraft pointer moving around in a 360° circle every 45°, at three different gimbal elevations, for full coverage. DronePan, and I believe Litchi, can also take the photos for you. Microsoft's ICE can also be used. Fun stuff! :cool:

Can't you just use the Hangar app to take the photos, and then use another program like PTGui to create the 360 spherical panorama, to retain full ownership, sharing from your own website, or another, where you can control access to it? You can also certainly take all the photos manually, using the aircraft pointer moving around in a 360° circle every 45°, at three different gimbal elevations, for full coverage. DronePan, and I believe Litchi, can also take the photos for you. Microsoft's ICE can also be used. Fun stuff! :cool:
Yes you have all the photos right there on your SD card. So I guess it wouldn't be any problem to go ahead and make them yourself. You don't have to upload it to them.

Yes you have all the photos right there on your SD card. So I guess it wouldn't be any problem to go ahead and make them yourself. You don't have to upload it to them.
There appear to be some limitations and gotchas with using their app. I have not used the app, but from what I have read in the reviews and descriptions of the app, it requires you to launch from the ground, and limits you to a single spherical panorama shot at 300 feet directly above the launch point. It also seems to reset some of the camera, gimbal, and video settings from whatever you had them set at previously, and leaves them at those settings after. This may have changed in updates since the review on October 31st, but is a cautionary tale.
IMG_9265.jpg

If you "Start" the app while your bird is on the ground it will do as you said and go up to 300' for the pano. Otherwise if you are already flying it gives you the option to take the pano at your current altitude.

If you "Start" the app while your bird is on the ground it will do as you said and go up to 300' for the pano. Otherwise if you are already flying it gives you the option to take the pano at your current altitude.
Thanks for the clarification. Does it still, in fact, reset your camera, gimbal, and video settings, without restoring them at the conclusion?

Thanks for the clarification. Does it still, in fact, reset your camera, gimbal, and video settings, without restoring them at the conclusion?
Can't comment for sure on that. I've only used the app a couple times and most of my camera settings are default anyways.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20