Third flight, second video...

Reaction score
I know the title sounds terrible, but I've learned quite a lot since my first few flights and have definitely learned a ton about video editing. Feedback is appreciated. I wasn't setting out to make a video with this footage, more just messing around, but it turned out to be not so bad, so I went with it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The 45 degree shot of the headstones was the most memorable. You should have had some real low level shots, even if you were hand carrying the drone. That would have been very cool. Do this again during fall color, should be spectacular then. Nice work.

Fly often, be safe

Reactions: misterCB
Nice second video.

Personal opinions: Lower your sharpness setting. Try -2 or -1.
This looks like it was shot in 60p. Use 30p for less artefacting. Only use 60p if you plan to slow it down in post. I never shoot in 60p.

It's quite contrasty, but that may be your personal preference.

Happy flying.

Nice second video.

Personal opinions: Lower your sharpness setting. Try -2 or -1.
This looks like it was shot in 60p. Use 30p for less artefacting. Only use 60p if you plan to slow it down in post. I never shoot in 60p.

It's quite contrasty, but that may be your personal preference.

Happy flying.
Hmm, it was definitely not 60p, but I suppose it could be Youtube's transcoding. I did use PP's Youtube 4k export preset.

I didn't knowingly add any sharpening in post (but I'm still a newbie with Premiere Pro) and I'm positive the drone was still on default settings for 4k 30p, H264.. Is 0 the default sharpness setting?

You have some nice perspectives in this video. Some of the pans are a bit repetitive, so try to limit those in the future. Some of the flyover is pretty fast for this subject, which lends itself to a more relaxed pace. You may want to consider either flying away from the subject(s) or reversing some of the segments in post processing. I agree with @JohnLocke that the 45 degree segment is the best. Hope this feedback is useful.

I don't know if you've tried a lot of video yet by backing away from a subject, but for those that don't have rear obstacle avoidance, a simple way to make backing away video is to film it normally going towards the subject and then just switch it to reverse in Post and it looks just like you shot it while going backwards.

Just a quik tip in case you were looking for one.

Bud

I know the title sounds terrible, but I've learned quite a lot since my first few flights and have definitely learned a ton about video editing. Feedback is appreciated. I wasn't setting out to make a video with this footage, more just messing around, but it turned out to be not so bad, so I went with it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for all the kind words and feedback everyone. Like I said, I wasn't aiming to make a video while I was out flying that day, so I was lucky to get usable footage at all and was really proud with the result. The sequences are all so short because I was goofing around so much and adjusting things while flying that I didn't get very many smooth uninterrupted shots. Will definitely plan things out better next time!

Reactions: Grizz1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.