These just arrived...

5beb87c0f6bf415dde0e97bc1deecb7b.jpg

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my excitement this arrived yesterday. My first big boy drone.

I will report back after my first flight!!!
5beb87c0f6bf415dde0e97bc1deecb7b.jpg

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my excitement this arrived yesterday. My first big boy drone.

I will report back after my first flight!!!
Google everything you can and calibrate every time before takeoff I mean every time and stay away from buildings and trees you will be sick your first time crashing I hope you got insurance on it have fun

calibrate every time before takeoff I mean every time

I'm assuming you're talking about the compass calibration. It's actually advised not to calibrate every time you fly, just every time you fly at different location.

I also used to calibrate the compass every time I took the bird up - nothing bad happened in my case but then after reading lots on here, it is recommended to only calibrate if you're going to fly at a different location so this is what I do now and have had no issues.

Don't get overconfident too soon.

Voice of Experience

Congrats and enjoy!

I'm assuming you're talking about the compass calibration. It's actually advised not to calibrate every time you fly, just every time you fly at different location.

I also used to calibrate the compass every time I took the bird up - nothing bad happened in my case but then after reading lots on here, it is recommended to only calibrate if you're going to fly at a different location so this is what I do now and have had no issues.
Exactly. Only it does not have to be every new location either. Only if you go hundreds of miles away from your last calibration location. The earths magnetic deviation is not that sensitive.

Reactions: Oso and Solly747400
Hey Guys!!!

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

I'm taking it easy. I've only been flying like three, so far so good.

My first photo

Sorry did post it wrong...

Thanks again...

Attachments

• DJI_0021.JPG
    DJI_0021.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 194
Be the way, I did calibrate IMU, Control, Gimbal and Compass before first flight, firmware up to date and read the manual one time, I'll give it another look today.

Happy flying to all.

Not really, I have the phantom 3 standard and if you buy the parabolic antenna, it will give you a decent range for a newbie. I think in my case, the range is good, not great but good. I am not into going for miles away. At least not yet prepared.

Do most of you have a Commercial Cert to fly these? I keep reading about add on antennas, range extenders, to increase the flight range. I have a P3A and fly for fun and for me to be legal, I have to stay under 400 AGL and always have the UAS in sight. Am I missing something??

Do most of you have a Commercial Cert to fly these? I keep reading about add on antennas, range extenders, to increase the flight range. I have a P3A and fly for fun and for me to be legal, I have to stay under 400 AGL and always have the UAS in sight. Am I missing something??
You are right about it... But we have these magnificence machines that can fly for long distances. Why keep ourselves in a bubble?

Reactions: wolf~928
Congrats and welcome aboard! The first time I sent my P4P up in the air my bum hole was chewing on my undies. It was like throwing $1,500 up in the air and hoping to catch it again lol. There's lots to learn, read, and research just take your time and relax and most of all enjoy it!

That's great...best advice is always do your pre flight and post flight inspections... Always calibrate compass at new area..away from all metal...and try to get permission to fly.
Be polite..not many people understand the laws...so you Have to know them to protect yourself..
Good luck and Good flying

Reactions: fta1964

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor