There’s such intolerance against Christianity

Reaction score
There’s such intolerance against Christianity that we aren’t allowed to state that or to publicly advertise this event. That’s amazing

Laurie and Harvest Crusade contracted Irvine Company, a real estate company in Southern California, to advertise the upcoming SoCal Harvest. The event will be held August 17-19 at Angel Stadium and is expected to draw tens of thousands of people. The company agreed to post large billboards promoting the crusade at Fashion Island, a prestigious outdoor mall in the center of Orange County.

However, after claiming the religious imagery on the ads provoked multiple complaints, including a “serious threat,” the Irvine Company mandated the billboards be modified. Harvest complied with the request and resubmitted new ad artwork without the image of the Bible. Ultimately, however, the changes were not enough to resolve the situation as the Irvine Company decided to completely remove all the advertisements and billboards for the crusade.
unnamed-1.jpg

From where I sit, I think the Irvine Company has done a great disservice to their "contracted" client. Would they cower down to Christians that oppose an event with posters of two gays walking hand in hand?
Their marketing/perception is more important than that of a "client".

Reactions: 1boater
Are any of those guest speakers known for promoting sexist, anti-LGBT or anti-muslim views? That seems to be the way to shut down stuff these days.

Check out the UK's definition (Crown Prosecution Service) of Hate Crime (an actual criminal offence):
"any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice, based on a person's disability or perceived disability; race or perceived race; or religion or perceived religion; or sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation or transgender identity or perceived transgender identity"

I can't think of a single person that couldn't be jailed for that! I honestly did not add the words perceived or the phrase or any other person but it seems to be a useful 'catch all' bit of legislation.

Reactions: Brojon
The Bible does speak against other religions and against homosexuality. We are to keep ourselves pure against these things. We are not to hate, but love these people. God hates sin, not sinners. We are to love those who hate us.
These things are to come in the last days. This post is to let you know it is happening.
The False Prophet

"There's such intolerance against" everything these days... intolerance in general seems to be growing exponentially, like a cancer.

A rapidly growing percentage of the population thinks that everyone else ought to think and see things exactly as they do, no exceptions.

the internet has made it effortless
for people of a like mind to gather
and work themselves into a lather

the end

Intolerance against Christianity? That’s arguably a short sighted extreme view. Have you considered the Irvine Company is simply electing to take a neutral position here. Not everybody is a Jesus lover...

Reactions: charlieb4
Intolerance against Christianity? That’s arguably a short sighted extreme view. Have you considered the Irvine Company is simply electing to take a neutral position here. Not everybody is a Jesus lover...
Yes, the Irvine Company elected to be neutral after serious threats were made against them. “Right “
The point I am getting at in this post, a Christian organization can’t advertise on a billboard. Debate that point. What happened to freedom of speech? “IF”one group of people made a “claim”against Christians not allowing freedom of speech against them. How can that group of people turn around and use “serious threats” to keep Christians from having freedom of speech. That is hypocrisy plus!
Have your differences, but using terrorism is unacceptable.
The irony IS off the charts. This is not about being a Jesus lover. This is today when we are to be more open to ideas and protecting our rights.

Reactions: John Locke
Yes, the Irvine Company elected to be neutral after serious threats were made against them. “Right “
The point I am getting at in this post, a Christian organization can’t advertise on a billboard. Debate that point. What happened to freedom of speech? “IF”one group of people made a “claim”against Christians not allowing freedom of speech against them. How can that group of people turn around and use “serious threats” to keep Christians from having freedom of speech. That is hypocrisy plus!
Have your differences, but using terrorism is unacceptable.
The irony IS off the charts. This is not about being a Jesus lover. This is today when we are to be more open to ideas and protecting our rights.
It would be interesting to learn what the actual facts were. Did the Irvine company make any public comment as to their reasons? It might be they have a policy not to display advertising material of any religious nature. Btw- trying to draw any parallel to terrorism here is ridiculous and not cool....

Last edited:
It would be interesting to learn what the actual facts were. Did the Irvine company make any public comment as to their reasons? It might be they have a policy not to display advertising material of any religious nature.
You are right. You don’t have all the facts. Even I don’t. We can only know what we read. I read the Irvine Company put up the billboards, then the trouble came. They tried to modify the billboards not having the Bible being shown. The threats kept coming, so they refunded the Christian organization their money. I want to investigate this more myself and will post further updates.

You are right. You don’t have all the facts. Even I don’t. We can only know what we read. I read the Irvine Company put up the billboards, then the trouble came. They tried to modify the billboards not having the Bible being shown. The threats kept coming, so they refunded the Christian organization their money. I want to investigate this more myself and will post further updates.
Look forward to learning what you find out. Hopefully it will be they have a policy that applies equally to all religions.

Is CBS a Christian organisation? We might expect a particular slant on the reporting... Some reference to comment from Irvine company might be helpful to get a balanced view. One thing is very clear, they are getting more coverage for the event out of all this carry on than the subject banners might have hoped to generate. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing btw...

Is CBS a Christian organisation? We might expect a particular slant on the reporting... Some reference to comment from Irvine company might be helpful to get a balanced view. One thing is very clear, they are getting more coverage for the event out of all this carry on than the subject banners might have hoped to generate. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing btw...
No, definitely not Christian. Columbian Broadcasting is one of our original bit 3 networks. That's why i posted them.

"There's such intolerance against" everything these days... intolerance in general seems to be growing exponentially, like a cancer.

A rapidly growing percentage of the population thinks that everyone else ought to think and see things exactly as they do, no exceptions.

the internet has made it effortless
for people of a like mind to gather
and work themselves into a lather

the end
I admire Cory Doctorow - founder of Boing Boing and a great sci-fi author.
I highly recommend his books and he makes them available for free electronically.
Anyway - in his book "Eastern Standard Tribe" the premise is that people will choose who they associate with based on a commonality of thought. It evolves to where people tend to pick a time when it's convenient for as many as possible to be on line to chat so they evolve into time-zone and interest based "tribes". Similar to what you posited.
Another one is "Down and out in the Magic Kingdom" where there is no money - how well you live depends on how well your thought of - you collect "wuffie" (a fun story where the word came from) as credit based on opinions. Everyone has a neural HUD implant and you can see how much social credit a person has when you meet them.
That one is becoming eerily true - look up social credit, I think China is actually working towards something like that. Then there's "Influencers".

The question is one of simple equity: would the same thing happen if they took down ads for “gay pride week”or something similar and labeled it offensive? They’d get raked over the coals for action like that, and you know it... not everybody is a homosexual lover, right?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic