The most daring Phantom videos?

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am new to this whole drone thing and Phantom 3 is my first one ever. While eagerly waiting it to ship I've been searching some Phantom/drone videos. 90% of the drone videos seem to be just basic aerial stuff. What I am looking for is the most daring and adventurous drone videos out there?
So, if you know any video you think is daring and adventurous what comes to flying and controlling Phantom or any other drone, please share the link.

Thank you!

-Skyy

I flew mine at full speed towards a concrete bridge, pulling up at the last second and clearing the parapet by <1'.

That's as risky as I get...

Claws, did you practice that maneuver against something soft first?

Skyy, I too like riskier perspectives which is why I practice close maneuvers and control situations often. The same old video perspectives from altitude get boring...or can get boring...

Skyy, I too like riskier perspectives which is why I practice close maneuvers and control situations often. The same old video perspectives from altitude get boring...or can get boring...

I just practiced what happens with those inputs as a matter of course incase I got into bother/out of my depth when flying about and found the perfect opportunity to try it out on one of my flights. Sadly the camera angle and the fact I was flying pretty much into the sun (prop shadow strobing) detracted from the dramatic effect, but it was fun at the time :D

Well just today I took my phantom out to Tory Island Donegal. On the boat on the way back I hand launched it and followed the boat back in ,knowing that if I lost signal and she went into return to home mode,she would fly back to the point I calibrated her, I thought it was risky.

Also later on I was flying at about 6-8foot at 25mph over a lake towards a castle and started climbing at the last minute and at one stage I thought it was going to clip the tower. Feel quite fulfilled now..............No guts,no glory

Reactions: claws
Claws and gingericeman, you don't happen to have any material online of those events? Would be great to see some bravery :D

you might want to watch this video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool! That's some skillful flying right there. It's good to see the drones can do more than just float. :)

Claws and gingericeman, you don't happen to have any material online of those events? Would be great to see some bravery :D

Skip to 2:44, note that the camera is pointing upwards.

I flew through fireworks...

Great stuff! Takes some guts to fly through the fireworks, you had couple of close calls :) Fireworks look a lot better like this :)

Skip to 2:44, note that the camera is pointing upwards.
That was brave indeed, the trees looked dangerously close too! :D

Reactions: claws

Yes, I am hoping that someday I can fly my Phantom so well that I dare to shoot more interesting visuals than just basic aerials.

I would not really call it daring, but taking off from a boat in the middle of the sea was a bit scary, particularly when it hit the 1000m mark from homepoint and stopped dead. We left it far behind as we were doing 10knots and I lost sight of it. Luckily a quick re-set of the home point allowed it to carry on. Next time I will increase the distance limits before hand.

This might not be suitable for work ( NSFW)

This will only be up for a few days, going to change the soundtrack to something copyright free.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod

Can't be real he had prop guards on and I've heard flying with them is nearly impossible:p

That's actually quite awesome.

Reactions: DennyA
I would not really call it daring, but taking off from a boat in the middle of the sea was a bit scary, particularly when it hit the 1000m mark from homepoint and stopped dead, and we left it behind. Luckily a quick re-set of the home point allowed it to carry on. Next time I will increase the distance limits before hand.

This might not be suitable for work ( NSFW)

This will only be up for a few days, going to change the soundtrack to something copyright free.
Sounds daring to me, nicely shot video! So you just set the new home point and it came to you?

No, we were still moving pretty fast, the new homepoint was were the Phantom was but that let me fly another 1000m, had to do it three times, but first time it stopped was pretty nerve wracking for a few seconds until I figured out what happened. I was just about to tell the skipper to turn around when I realised what had happened

That was brave indeed, the trees looked dangerously close too! :D
The trees to bridge ratio was much different at the time. Infact, I thought I was well clear of the trees.
The camera angle/speed detracts from the bridge, but I can assure you, it was pretty close! I have ordered a gimbal, so hopefully any future angle issues won't be an issue, though I will have to practice again with the extra weight/clumsiness that the gimbal will bring.

Skynamics - amazing. I really didn't know that drones could be flown that way. A whole new dimension for me.

Iain_P3 - that's some of the most spectacular boating grounds I've ever seen. (seriously, not talking about the girls).
Hope to be able to share some video's of Long island boating this summer from here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.