THE Google error

Reaction score
OK, let's get it out of the way....I blew it!
Short story, loaded google maps apk, ran GM, got error that needed Google services.
Download Google services, install, now I cannot get rid of the stupid "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped".
Searched google, DJI, and just about any other place I could think of and all I get is to "hit ok on the error window" that shows every now and then! Don't know in yours, but in my 7.85 CS, it shows up every 5-10 SECONDS.
Does ANYBODY know how to PERMANENTLY get rid of the error. Google services is not a "straight" uninstall so that is where I am stuck. Ideas (in detail please I know very little Android so telling me to "root" it, means NOTHING)?
Trust me, I can live WITHOUT Google Maps or ANYTHING that needs Play Services! LOL

Last edited:
I know nothing about a CS, but on a 'regular' Android you can downgrade Google Play services.

Go to Settings -> Apps, scroll down to Google Play services and click it. There won't be an Uninstall button on that page, but there is one that says something to the effect of 'revert to previous version' or something like that.

I had to do that a couple of months ago, it worked for me and google maps still works too.

Reactions: RickMz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj