Summer evening over water

Reaction score
I flew at Mt Martha (a seaside suburb of Melbourne) on a couple of occasions earlier in the month and got enough material for three videos. The area has a great beach and some dramatic rocky coastline.

This video is a departure from what I've done before: I don't have much experience around watercraft. Also, the flying was done mostly after sunset. I didn't expect much usable footage from my last flight of the day, but silhouettes and sunsets lend themselves to low light, do they not? I was impressed with the camera's performance. To top it off, my featured random sailboarder seemed pleased with the attention. How rare is that?

Last edited:
Love it great music track ?

Reactions: Pygar70
Nicely done. I would never get that lose to a stranger. It could have had the opposite affect and he would have gotten mad. It makes for good shooting though.

Nicely done. I would never get that lose to a stranger. It could have had the opposite affect and he would have gotten mad. It makes for good shooting though.
I agree. It's risky. It kind of just happened, though. I didn't set up the shot. I'd been shadowing him for a bit and he seemed pretty relaxed. I was hovering in place at one point as he passed across my field of view when he tacked and came directly towards me. I ascended so he could pass underneath but made a call to otherwise hold my position. Fortunately, he seemed pretty cool about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WV. Rootman
Love it great music track
Thanks. It is a nice track. One of the advantages of not being monetised on YouTube - or ever planning to be - is a wider range of choice when it comes to sound track. Ad revenue goes to the copyright holder. Some music you can reproduce in full, but with a lot of the more recent stuff you can only use a portion of the track. For example, if I'd tried to include more than three minutes of Summertime Sadness in my video - it would have been blocked.

Reactions: snowy23

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj