The Egypt thread - Insight on customs, filming, experiences.

How will my Egypt trip end

• your going to crash before even downloading any footage to your hard drive.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes 1981 was a little late on (drone) unmanned aircrafts laws . Since they are flying around since the 1920's . First time someone ever flew a drone (yes we fly multicopters . I know.) Is almost 100 years ago.

Well my 3tb g drive got full... So here is a pic teaser while I go buy a new external to finish my video.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438798795.033256.jpg

I just stayed away from military bases and check points, police etc... For the most part... And paid tour guides a lot to take me to good spots. There's one particularly that was a bit on the too close for comfort side... Posting today a vid for you guys sorry for delay.

Did you not get searched on way in Omar ?
Ur lucky not spot ur drone in airport scan machines,
And ya i guess ur right i didnt get searched on, man just take care those people so far from educations and educated , be careful,
Waiting ur videos

Great video! I've been following this story and love the story.

wow, thats impressive and crazy !!!!

Sorry for the delay but here is the pyramid video. More Egypt videos to come.
Outstanding. I missed it because it was moved, so most of us lost track of the story. Thanks for posting sir!

Internet was painfully slow and I used up all my 1.5 gb of data i purchased when i got there. Renewing it was near impossible so i had to go dark for a bit.

Well guys ill give you the drama first... I continued to film some epic scenes.... after about 12 batteries of filming I headed to El Gouna which is absolutely a paradise... and on my way there I am with a a couple buddies... a Egyptian and a US citizen. Our driver somehow kinda rolls through the check point or we were picked I'm unsure what happened. But next thing i know is a guy with a AK looking gun is in front of our car telling us to pull over.

Im pretty worried at this point. Although I had taken preventative measures. All video was backed up on G drive and also still randomly dispersed on multiple sd cards in multiple bags.

But to not disclose too much from Egyptian military procedures online....I was asked to identify the bags I owned. My bags were not searched but we were asked a few questions and then let go. I literally felt like i was in a locked up abroad episode. A huge weight was lifted when we drove off.... Losing that footage would have been heartbreaking. I want really in fear of something happening to me, since all my footage was focused on tourism and beautiful landscapes in Egypt... so the fear of being accused of a spy or whatever was minimal... but having the footage taken because droning may have been illegal would have been horrible.

after talking to a few people there. everyone was amazed I got it into the country. A local friend of my friends said his friend has his confiscated and destroyed it in front of him. so i guess I'm pretty lucky to have avoided it being found at customs and when pulled over. I was asked to not fly it pretty aggressively in 3 locations I was flying but managed to never do it close to any military or police. The most epic video should be my pyramids video. Ill leave some details out but I ended up paying a guide a significant amount of money to take me nearby the pyramids where I then flew it as close as I could stomach safely. He warned me that someone else had a court date for doing a similar thing (not sure what that meant)... so um yea. I did this for art, my own love for video and droning, and of course to show the rest of the world how beautiful Egypt is.

And of course i then proceeded to filming another 10 batteries or so over the next couple of days. Ill upload a teaser vid shortly. either tonight or tomorrow morning. I am now back in the US. I left Egypt happy and with great footage. Its an extremely beautiful country and I try to show its beauty in my vids. Honestly i wouldn't recommend anyone take their drone to Egypt unless your willing to risk having it taken, and having to be very careful about flying it. Im working on getting a legitimate approval to film again in Egypt through some connections I have there but don't know if that will happen...

anyways teaser vid will go up shortly... and some stories to follow.

theres videos of
-camel riding
-pyramids
-boat riding
-el gouna
-the nile

check back shortly guys
Hey izzy good **** dude. I'm flying to Egypt in a month and will definitely try to take some epic footage as well.

May I ask where the tour guide took you at. The pyramids? I might end up walking to the western desert side of the pyramids with ample water and take off very secretly.

I have been travelling he world for the past 4 months and have already got enough footage compile for an epic around the world video. Egypt will be the highlight.

I am.no stranger to stupid drone laws, already risked quite a bit and shot in India and Nepal earlier. Stay tuned for my updated within the country.

Very surprised that you got it past customs. I was working for an oil company there and we tried to bring some high end UHF radios with throat mic's . - Customs saw them with with gleaming eyes, and they were confiscated with no chance of return. Anything that could be consider military use, don't consider for a second to bring into this country. Our radios had a legitimate use as we need them to work hands free.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20