The best camera..?

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 4 about six months ago . The pictures and video are good but how do
I know if I have the best camera ?

I bought a Phantom 4 about six months ago . The pictures and video are good but how do
That's an unusual question?
Do you want to know if:
Your camera is better than the cameras on other drones? or​
Your camera is better than other cameras on the same drone?​

Reactions: OOO
When I compare my phantom 4 pictures with my phantom 3 pictures I see no difference. I was hoping for better.

When I compare my phantom 4 pictures with my phantom 3 pictures I see no difference. I was hoping for better.
Many of the people on here rave about the vast differences in the 3 and 4. If you have exactly the right conditions, and settings there may be a visible difference, but in reality, compared to work from a real camera, it is insignificant. I still have my 3A which does not have the infamous phantom 4 'fell out of the sky' feature. I have been quite happy with it for years. I never mess with it, never update anything and never submit the photos to National Geographic. Your mileage may vary.

If you have a Phantom 4, it should produce very similar images to what your P3 did as their cameras are virtually identical.
But if you have a Phantom 4 pro, the images should be very much better than the P3 images.
The big increase in camera quality came with the Phantom 4 pro which has a completely different (and much better) camera.

I think that if you looked at the phantom 4 pro vs the phantom 3 pro you will notice a huge difference, but if you compare the phantom 4 to the phantom 3 pro you shouldn't notice a big difference. The benefits of the phantom 4 is the improved performance it goes 10mph faster and it's got a better gimbal and the vision sensor thingies on the front.

And the final criterion is how you like your pictures. If it's OK with you then nothing else matters. If not buy a P4P as they said.
But you must know that much depends on the setup of your camera that is exp.time, aperture, raw or jpeg for still photos and of course the resolution - P4P has 4K while P3A not. But even this is a handicap for P3 only if you need to publish Hi res pictures or videos. For net purposes 1080 standard is enough. Everything higher needs so much memory space and processor occupancy that it's almost impossible to deal with it.
And at last - you need a quality 4K monitor if you really want to get everything out of camera. It is funny if somebody think that he can watch 4K video on the phone.
So don't bother with your question too much if you're not a professional photographer or video maker.

Reactions: Kirby Johnson
And the final criterion is how you like your pictures. If it's OK with you then nothing else matters. If not buy a P4P as they said.
But you must know that much depends on the setup of your camera that is exp.time, aperture, raw or jpeg for still photos and of course the resolution - P4P has 4K while P3A not. But even this is a handicap for P3 only if you need to publish Hi res pictures or videos. For net purposes 1080 standard is enough. Everything higher needs so much memory space and processor occupancy that it's almost impossible to deal with it.
And at last - you need a quality 4K monitor if you really want to get everything out of camera. It is funny if somebody think that he can watch 4K video on the phone.
So don't bother with your question too much if you're not a professional photographer or video maker.
True, true, true, true.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen