The 7 Minute DJI video.....technical info

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good technical info

New improved GPS
Auto launch
RTH button
Pilot App
Built in simulator
Video editor included

I like this line: "[We use] aluminum, pulled from the crust of the earth itself."
As opposed to that aluminum that falls from the sky, I suppose. :)
Or perhaps he just means they don't use recycled cans.

Hmm, gimbel ribbon cable still exposed.
w01iFDT.jpg

Good grief, "Get a room"!!
The way those guys talk about the P3, they sound like they ought to get the quad and themselves some quiet time in a hotel room.
It's a slightly glorified P2. It's hardly worthy of their fawning prose.
And I'm pretty sure that one of them has a fetish for aluminium. I've never heard the metal described in such loving terms before.

The P3 makes all other Phantoms obsolete (and the Inspire for many users too) and for only half the price everyone thought it would cost.

Having a 'blank slate' platform like the P2-NV is great for those who like to 'roll their own'.

Mine is a roll my own version, so it already has 4k from a gopro 4 black, it already has 2km plus range, I have zero need to fly inside, and whilst very stable position hold is nice outdoors, it's also not something I desperately need, so there just aren't enough bells and whistles on the P3 to convince me just yet. The Lightbridge would be nice., and the ability to alter the camera on the fly nice too.
Don't get me wrong, I do like it, and I probably will upgrade eventually, but I'm just not going to rush out just yet that's all. Here in Aus the cost is going to be quite a big upgrade I'd imagine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is a roll my own version, so it already has 4k from a gopro 4 black, it already has 2km plus range, I have zero need to fly inside, and whilst very stable position hold is nice outdoors, it's also not something I desperately need, so there just aren't enough bells and whistles on the P3 to convince me just yet. The Lightbridge would be nice., and the ability to alter the camera on the fly nice too.
Don't get me wrong, I do like it, and I probably will upgrade eventually, but I'm just not going to rush out just yet that's all. Here in Aus the cost is going to be quite a big upgrade I'd imagine.

Any idea how what you've spent compares to the P3P? I can only guess much more.

Any idea how what you've spent compares to the P3P? I can only guess much more.

It's a hard comparison. Mine in the carbon-fibre-pattern hydrodip, plus the GoPro 4 Black, Plus the GoProfessional Case, Plus 2x extra batteries, and 2x extra sets of props, and a set of prop guards, and various other small accessories, was $3300.
Given the prices quoted above of up to $2700 with a plain shell, it's not too bad a difference. The difference between $2700 for the P3 here, and $4K for the Inspire 1 here, makes me wonder why you wouldn't just go straight to the Inspire. I know I'm weighing that up as I look into any upgrade

I'm just happy I saw hand-catching and hand-launching in this official DJI video.

Really had my fill over the past 6 months of hearing the worry-warts warning me about the imminent dangers of hand-catching a Phantom. If I listened to their advice, I'd prolly lock myself under the bed and never leave the house for the rest of my life because the world is so dangerous LOL.

How can they promote flying over crowds when we know its illegal just about everywhere? Are they so confident in the P3 that they are ready to face a lawsuit after someone hits a crowd of people?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.