Testing the 30 degree upward camera tilt with the P4

Reaction score
I do a lot of sunrise and sunset pictures with my P4, and it does a great job!
I do a lot of editing to make the sky look bigger, and the ground look smaller, with the normal level camera position. So this morning I starting shooting using the positive, upward tilt, that can now be done with DJI GO and the P4.
I have read many times about the red light showing, as well as the props getting into the pictures. First, the front red lights can now be set to turn off when pictures, or movies are being taken, so no more red corner tint, it is gone. Really neat, you press the shutter button and the lights blink! Next I was concerned about how much the props would distract from the overall view. But, it is not as bad as I had imagined from all that I have read about it.
I am most pleased with the outcome of this mornings photo shoot of the sunrise. Yes, if you look closely you can see the props in the upper right and left corners, but how much more I like the lower horizon and greater view of the upper two thirds of the pictures.
And I guess if you are really bothered by the prop "shadow" showing, photoshop would easily blend them into the background and they would be gone.
Here are some examples of how the pictures turned out this morning.
7_2_16_sr2.jpg 7_2_16_sr6.jpg 7_2_16_sr10.jpg
The third picture is a panoramic composed of 5 different pictures.

Nice!
Can you tell us what were the settings? ISO, shutter speed?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice!
Can you tell us what were the settings? ISO, shutter speed?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Have the camera set on auto, so don't know the details of the picture..
I do know that the picture quality is set to VIVID.

Is it only the P4 that has the ability to tilt up?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl