Tested Android Go App with Acer Iconia 8 Tab

Reaction score
I just bought an Acer Iconia 8 Tablet! I flew one complete 20 min session with no major errors. Everything was great but there was a major 10 sec. Delay when taking pictures. Also the live feed was not auto adjusting for light and objects. I had to keep tapping the screen to get the view to adjust. After the 20 min the tablet was cool and not hot.

Is this normal for the Android Tablets?

I have owned my P3A for about a month and I have been using the IPhone 5s witch has been flawless but just to small for viewing. So I tried this Acer Iconia for a cheap tablet with a larger view.

I will test again but I feel I need to get an IPad.

By the way I love my P3A and I'm impressed [emoji41]

Thanks
Tommy

I have been using the Acer Iconia tab 8 as my dedicated tablet for my P3P. I also have used my iPhone 6 but prefer my Acer due to the larger screen. If you touch the screen while recording it will use the area touched to set auto exposure. I have ruined a number of videos because of this and it sounds like what happened to you. When this happens, if you look closely you will see a little yellow box where you touched the screen with an X on the corner. Touch the X and it will go back to normal auto exposure. It has nothing to do with the tablet itself.

Reactions: td619
The Acer Iconia is now on sale for $99 at Best Buy so I'm tempted to pick one up just for the P3A. But I've read in another group that a member says it will no longer work with the newest DJI Go app. Wondering if you guys are having issues now too.

The Acer Iconia is now on sale for $99 at Best Buy so I'm tempted to pick one up just for the P3A. But I've read in another group that a member says it will no longer work with the newest DJI Go app. Wondering if you guys are having issues now too.

Did you ever buy the Acer? I am about to pull the trigger as well but don't want to if it doesn't work.

Did you ever buy the Acer? I am about to pull the trigger as well but don't want to if it doesn't work.

In the end I didn't. I was worried it might not work out so I went with the Nvidia Shield tablet at Best Buy or Newegg for $200. Most forums tend to agree that this one works very well. I used it with the newest update last week and it worked well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31