Terrible transmitter/reception

Reaction score
Hi, I'm only getting about 50m of decent video transmission (~150') before it becomes terribly snowy and unrecognizable.

Transmitter: 600mw Immersion 5.8 GHz,
Receiver RX-LCD5802
Antennas: 3 clover transmitting, 4 clover receiving (a), helical circular (b).

Any recommendations?

I've noticed I'm getting a bit of interference such that when I place tinfoil between the receiver antenna's and controller antenna, the video improves.

Any help appreciated.

Have you confirmed that the channels are configured properly.

Just a check, you should be on band D, channels 1 - 7. These match up with the Immersion.

Other things to check: the antennae are all the same polarisation - LH or RH and that they have the correct plug type. sma or sma rp. If you have the wrong one on the TX, you can damage it - plus the range will be rubbish, as the signal will be jumping over a tiny gap in the plug.

No idea what you are talking about. I have tried different dip switches and alternating between diversity, a and b.

Although oddly, when I updated my gimbal, the gimbal is no longer randomly twitching and now reception has somewhat returned to normal (~125 m (500') of clear reception. I'm also wondering if maybe a combination patch antenna, circular helical on the receiving end and cloverleaf on the transmission end would produce better results?

Was a point when I was getting pretty good reception up to about 220m, but it's back down to about 100m. I have the 3 leaf transmitting.

No idea what you are talking about. I have tried different dip switches and alternating between diversity, a and b.
OK. Then we should stop right there.
You need to define which channel and band you have set on your Tx and on your Rx. If you are using a diversity RX then you have two RX channels and probably a chosen diversity channel to check too.

There is no point going any further until you know you have both ends on the same band/frequency.

Receiver is on channel D-1 (5740MHZ)
Transmitter dip switches are: on, on, on, on = 5740 MHZ

Are there more powerful frequencies?

Can you confirm that

- Both of your receivers are configured to that frequency
- Your monitor is configured in Diversity mode
- That all of your antennae are the correct gender SMA connectors.... in other words you are not screwing on any antenna for which neither connector has a pin.

Can you confirm that

- Both of your receivers are configured to that frequency
- Your monitor is configured in Diversity mode
- That all of your antennae are the correct gender SMA connectors.... in other words you are not screwing on any antenna for which neither connector has a pin.

yes, yes and yes.
I am going to test the transmitter antenna for continuity.

now I'm getting even worse reception. I can barely get a transmission feet away and even then it's unstable and snowy.

Assuming from what you have said above that the antennae are all OK and connected, and that you have the same frequencies dialled in, I think you are at the stage where you need to start swapping out the TX or the RX to identify which end is causing the problem. Not sure where you are in the world, but if you could find another Phantom pilot on the same frequency band, you could, for example, see if you can receive his transmission.

Hughie you have a job cut out for yourself there.

Thnaks Hughie, I agree. I tried swapping out different antennae, but nothing seems to help. I'm thinking maybe the transmitter is defective.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers