Temps. Below 20 degrees Fahrenheit

Reaction score
Does anyone have issues with your sensors flying in cold weather, I’m afraid to fly out of sight

Cold? Turn the heat on! Hot? Turn the air conditioning on! Titan Drones! I fly all winter in weather sometimes below "0"! Never had a problem with sensors.
DJI_0029.JPG

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
My battery lasted the same as in the summer. Only problem I had with my P4P was the rubber stabilizer got stiff and camera vibration was an issue in 17 degrees Fahrenheit.

I have been operating my Phantom III in the Arctic, sometimes in sub-zero temperatures, for close to 2 years. The key is to keep everything warm then put the battery in and launch as quickly as possible. You'll be grounded if the battery gets cold before the flight. After takeoff the internal heat generated by electronics and battery discharge seems to be enough to keep everything going.... My drone has never dropped, lifeless, out of the frozen sky... my battery capacity has never quickly spiraled downward while flying in low temperature. Attached photo... this was a cold one. (Note... I transport the drone in a pack that has pretty good insulation).
Koyuk March 2018 (6).JPG
Koyuk Printme.JPG

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Thanks!
I can't quite make out how the antennas actually attach to that Car Mount Kit. ( the pix on their site are awful)
Is there a separate base that the antennas attach to that attaches to the base?

TIA,

G
They snap on to the two posts on the base. Take them off the base and they attach directly to the controller if you don't need the remote base.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31