tablets

Reaction score
Looking for a $200 aud tablet that will be good for my P4 pro

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0" Wi-Fi 8GB has come up a bit and is the right price point or should I just upgrade my phone to an s8?

should I just get the best processor / ram combo for the price

why does dji hate android so much!

thoughts?

why does dji hate android so much!
I'd not say that they hate it but the reason why Android is good (open) is the reason why it's not good (open). With Apple a person needs to program for 1 OS and 1 phone. For Android they need to program for hundreds of (modified) OS's and hundreds of phones. Would you rather program and test one phone or hundreds?

I thought it odd that when I bought my Inspire 2 that only Apple was mentioned all over the box wrapper and no mention of Android. Then there is the matter that DJI Ground Station Pro is for iOS too, and the Autopilot app is for iOS as well. I would think with their Crystal Sky Android screen they would have made their Ground Station Pro or other apps available for it too, but no. It could be insufficient internal memory allotted to do so too in the CS as their apps are huge.

I have two Android devices and they are hit or miss. The tablet I have no longer works with GO 4. The S6 phone sometimes does and sometimes doesn't connect. Breaks up a lot too. My Apple Air 2 worked very well until a couple of GO 4 versions back and it will occasionally break up the video feed now, but it's old and no longer made. I bought the iPad Pro 10.5" A10x recently with a data plan and so far so good, but it barley fis the clamp so I had to get one of those extension pieces. Bigger screen is better for planning auto-flying with the apps, imho. I think they dissipate the heat better than the smaller ones which seem to break up once overheated too (i.e. Apple mini's).

Had a Samsung Tab Pro. Pink and purple line all through the screen! Video would skip on the screen and stop sometimes. Video on the card was perfect! Went to a Apple Mini 4 and I was blown away by the the performance! Perfect screen and no other problems. Everything I have is Android based EXCEPT my Mini 4 for my P4!

Use a tablet that closely matches DJI crystal sky spec. Crystal sky has 4 GB of RAM. Don*t get one with less than that. Local storage size is dependent on what you want lo load on the tablet.

Reactions: GMack
Use a tablet that closely matches DJI crystal sky spec. Crystal sky has 4 GB of RAM. Don*t get one with less than that. Local storage size is dependent on what you want lo load on the tablet.

Wow! No wonder they will not allow any add-on apps in the Crystal Sky. Only 4GB of memory? I would think they'd allow for GO to grow as it is already almost 1GB in size and no telling how big the OS is. I should have been at least 16GB as memory is cheap like my dedicated iPad Air 2 which has 16GB and now is getting old and beginning to break up the video. Might explain why their Ground Station Pro isn't used on it either. That's pretty lousy specs and almost a planned obsolescence.

Aside, I have a Garmin GPS on the motorcycle and it's now too small for their own maps so I can only load segments or live with the old maps.

Wow! No wonder they will not allow any add-on apps in the Crystal Sky. Only 4GB of memory? I would think they'd allow for GO to grow as it is already almost 1GB in size and no telling how big the OS is. I should have been at least 16GB as memory is cheap like my dedicated iPad Air 2 which has 16GB and now is getting old and beginning to break up the video. Might explain why their Ground Station Pro isn't used on it either. That's pretty lousy specs and almost a planned obsolescence.

Aside, I have a Garmin GPS on the motorcycle and it's now too small for their own maps so I can only load segments or live with the old maps.
Computer memory which is RAM and computer local storage are different. The GO app is stored in your local drive. When an app runs, it reads what it needs from storage and loads it in its memory. The more memory it has the faster it process compared to one with less.

RAM and storage are two different things. iPad Air 2 has 2gb of ram. You have 16gb local storage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl