Tablet cooling options

Reaction score
I've seen a few posts about tablet and devices overheating or being taxed to much during the day in the sun causing app crashes etc, so i am wondering has anyone seen any tablet cooling options and if not who would be interested in one, i for one am interested but have not seen anything on the market yet, well nothing i would consider a viable option ... so anybody know of any or seen any anywhere?

I haven't seen any aftermarket options, but you're right I have read/seen posts about this. I think there was one post which I can't find where someone used one of those ice packs you use for sore muscles and placed it behind the phone/tablet. I might just try something like that when I stop by the store after work.

Im not sure that's really a long term viable option though i mean if its a hot day how long is it going to last i am looking for something that is vented push or pull air flow, hell wouldn't mind paying a good few bucks for a decent one, might have to make my own i guess :)

At Lowes they sell a cooling towel used by outdoor workers and athletes.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Cut into pieces to fit the back of my tablet, moistened and wrung out, then applied to the back of my iPad, it did a good job of keeping cool through two batteries in 95 degree heat.

It still needs a bit of testing in the hotter Texas heat, but seems to be an inexpensive, workable solution to tablet heat.

At Lowes they sell a cooling towel used by outdoor workers and athletes.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Cut into pieces to fit the back of my tablet, moistened and wrung out, then applied to the back of my iPad, it did a good job of keeping cool through two batteries in 95 degree heat.

It still needs a bit of testing in the hotter Texas heat, but seems to be an inexpensive, workable solution to tablet heat.

Very cool... I mean neat. I've done the same thing with a damp paper towel behind the iPad. It worked!

@outlaw704 & @fhagan02 - Thanks a lot you guys. Info just in the nick of time. I need to go out in 95 degree temps tomorrow for a couple of hours with about an hour of flying to do video documentation of a wetland.

Yesterday my iPad mini was freezing up due to similar temps even though I stayed in the shade.

My local Lowes has the cooling towel in stock so I'll go there in the morning. I'll bring damp paper towels with me too.

I use a damp sponge behind my iPhone and it helps a whole bunch. Without it, in the Texas heat, the display is just about unusable.

Since I realized my last post was not very helpful, here's an idea my dad came up with that I just tested and it seems to work. Although my tablet never has overheated, I put this method to use for like 45 seconds and felt a very noticeable change in temperature.

2 Rubber Bands, a "soft ice pack", and a wash cloth (to prevent the tablet from getting too cold):

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.