Tablet brightest resolution

If you got an iPad, you're gonna need a hoodman. I finally decided to get one for my air2 and I not only can fly effectively, but it's like I'm wearing goggles to fly. There is really no other comparison. Don't waste money on other stuff, just get the hoodman and be done with it.

If you got an iPad, you're gonna need a hoodman. I finally decided to get one for my air2 and I not only can fly effectively, but it's like I'm wearing goggles to fly. There is really no other comparison. Don't waste money on other stuff, just get the hoodman and be done with it.
What model of Hoodman do you have? Some so deep it would be almost impossible to reach the tablet. Also, is it only for iPad Mini? Would a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" work? Thanks.

Three days ago I received my Crystalsky 7 5/8" Ultra High 2000 nit monitor. On Thursday I took it to the beach for a beach litter survey I am doing. Temperature was 53°F and no clouds. I had been using a a hi-res iPad and the difference is amazing. It was very clear in the brightest sunlight regardless of whether the sun was in front of me or to my back or side. Flew the drone for about 90 minutes and changed batteries 4 times. Then on Friday, I went to the beach to record litter again. It was 35°F and 100% cloud stratus cover so a cold, dreary day. Again the Crystalsky monitor was very clear and worked perfectly in the cooler temperature. Since, I will be filming through the winter, I will have the opportunity to test it in still colder temps. For me, the long wait for the 2000nit unit was well worth the wait and additional expense.
I have a Phantom Four Pro (P4P) and am considering buying a Crystal Sky Ultra Monitor (CSU). I have seen considerable information about the clarity of the screen, so I am good in that department. I have not seen much about the ability to edit with the CSU. Can one field view 4K video shot from a drone on the CSU? Can one field edit 4K video using the CSU? Does one view video by taking the micro sd card out of the drone and placing it in the CSU or just playing the video using the drone as the source? I have read the CJI manual for the CSU. There is not much information about using the CSU for viewing except to say that one can use the HDMI port to hook to a secondary monitor. To quote the ghost in The Polar Express, "So Many Questions."

I have a Phantom Four Pro (P4P) and am considering buying a Crystal Sky Ultra Monitor (CSU). I have seen considerable information about the clarity of the screen, so I am good in that department. I have not seen much about the ability to edit with the CSU. Can one field view 4K video shot from a drone on the CSU? Can one field edit 4K video using the CSU? Does one view video by taking the micro sd card out of the drone and placing it in the CSU or just playing the video using the drone as the source? I have read the CJI manual for the CSU. There is not much information about using the CSU for viewing except to say that one can use the HDMI port to hook to a secondary monitor. To quote the ghost in The Polar Express, "So Many Questions."

• You can do the basic editing that is part of DJI Go4 app in the field
  • The CSU comes with a movie player and gallery photo app. so you can pop the SD card in it and view video and still etc.
  • I've played 4k movies on it from various sources and different codec, using a usb drive or stick or card reader
  • I've played back 4k movies from the CS to my 4k TV as the CS has a hdmi output port , it doesn't work the other way round, but I'm trying at the moment to get android screen sharing working so I can have my CS as a second monitor when I'm using the BT-300's

It's basically a android tablet so what you can achieve on a tablet you can achieve on the CS

Last edited:
Reactions: Dutiful1
  • You can do the basic editing that is part of DJI Go4 app in the field
  • The CSU comes with a movie player and gallery photo app. so you can pop the SD card in it and view video and still etc.
  • I've played 4k movies on it from various sources and different codec, using a usb drive or stick or card reader
  • I've played back 4k movies from the CS to my 4k TV as the CS as a hdmi output port , it doesn't work the other way round, but I'm trying at the moment to get android screen sharing working so I can have my CS as a second monitor when I'm using the BT-300's
It's basically a android tablet so what you can achieve on a tablet you can achieve on the CS
You should be able to get video out with a micro USB MHL adapter for HDMI.

Would be nice to know who makes these tablets for DJI- there is no way it’s in house. Might be a candidate for rooting and custom ROM.

You should be able to get video out with a micro USB MHL adapter for HDMI.

Yes you can use a USB MHL adaptor, the drawback for me is that you need to provide power to it, via a ac adaptor or some sort of battery pack.
It makes it all a bit clunky

Does DJI make their own tablets (Crystal Sky Ultra Monitor) or screens (plus models), or do they sub-contract them to another company? If subbed out, any idea who makes them? Maybe buying direct from that company could save some money.

J.floyd, apple doesn't make their own stuff but you can only by official apple equipment, what makes you think DJI isn't smart enough to prevent the manufacturer from selling direct?

J.floyd, apple doesn't make their own stuff but you can only by official apple equipment, what makes you think DJI isn't smart enough to prevent the manufacturer from selling direct?
Samsung makes Apple screens they are just a little below the specs of Samsungs own products screens.

Samsung makes Apple screens they are just a little below the specs of Samsungs own products screens.
You sure about that? Based on what?
Apple is buying OLED screens from LG also now. You think at $100/unit for the iPhone X screen and the volumes involved apple would be happy to take a lower grade product from Samsung.

Will be interesting if you have any evidence or this is just assumption/Samsung propaganda.

Last edited:
You sure about that? Based on what?
Apple is buying OLED screens from LG also now. You think at $100/unit for the iPhone X screen and the volumes involved apple would be happy to take a lower grade product from Samsung.

Will be interesting if you have any evidence or this is just assumption/Samsung propaganda.
Hi there I am not sure where I saw it wrote down but know I have seen it in several places in the past on several different sites
look here:-
https://www.quora.com/Who-makes-Apples-iPhone-screens

regards Poppy Ann

Hi there I am not sure where I saw it wrote down but know I have seen it in several places in the past on several different sites
look here:-
https://www.quora.com/Who-makes-Apples-iPhone-screens

regards Poppy Ann
I have read the same thing in various places also. It is seemingly all assumption though. I find it very difficult to believe given the circumstances.

Apple doesn’t make their own mobile processors either- no competitor has a more powerful one though.

I have read the same thing in various places also. It is seemingly all assumption though. I find it very difficult to believe given the circumstances.

Apple doesn’t make their own mobile processors either- no competitor has a more powerful one though.
I do know that there are only 3 or 4 manufactures of screens and Samsung is one of the largest one of the others is LG which I think is starting to take over from Samsung the problem with Samsung is they are just about the largest company in the world from shipping to toasters and everything in between it was only recently that I noticed how big they are, in the past I would not buy apple just because of what they charged for products with computers they were charging almost twice the price compared to other PC manufacturers for the same hardware I was up to date in the past on prices but nowadays I do not bother as most other manufacturers have increased their prices to the same as Apple, the Samsung note 8 has a brightness of 1200 nit's where the Apple Iphone at the time was 1000 nit's not sure what the latest one is, I think the latest note 9 has just about the same screen as the note 8 and that there are little difference except for the new processor I have a note 8 which I got to replace my old note 5 which I had damaged by dropping I am not one of the ones that change things just to have the latest model if it can do the job then what is the use of paying out more just to do the same.

I do know that there are only 3 or 4 manufactures of screens and Samsung is one of the largest one of the others is LG which I think is starting to take over from Samsung the problem with Samsung is they are just about the largest company in the world from shipping to toasters and everything in between it was only recently that I noticed how big they are, in the past I would not buy apple just because of what they charged for products with computers they were charging almost twice the price compared to other PC manufacturers for the same hardware I was up to date in the past on prices but nowadays I do not bother as most other manufacturers have increased their prices to the same as Apple, the Samsung note 8 has a brightness of 1200 nit's where the Apple Iphone at the time was 1000 nit's not sure what the latest one is, I think the latest note 9 has just about the same screen as the note 8 and that there are little difference except for the new processor I have a note 8 which I got to replace my old note 5 which I had damaged by dropping I am not one of the ones that change things just to have the latest model if it can do the job then what is the use of paying out more just to do the same.
Apple is the biggest company on this planet (based on market value). Like you I think the prices are silly, especially for the current notebooks. Screen brightness is only one factor and probably of lesser importance than other attributes for most use cases (outdoor viewing being an obvious exception).

Apple is the biggest company on this planet (based on market value). Like you I think the prices are silly, especially for the current notebooks. Screen brightness is only one factor and probably of lesser importance than other attributes for most use cases (outdoor viewing being an obvious exception).

I wasn't talking about tech products I was talking about the company as a whole, take a look here:- Samsung - Wikipedia

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20