Tablet brightest resolution

Reaction score
Which of the tablets has the brightest resolution besides Crystal Sky?
And which ones are anti-glare, or is there an anti-glare that I can put over a tablet
Guys I know this is probably been talk about before but I did a search and couldn't find anything

Last edited:

Samsung Note 8 is a phone that is over 1000 nit, higher than the crystal sky 5.5 screen. No current tablet comes close to 1k nit. It takes too much battery power for a bright screen. I have 10.5 ipad. It has 600 nit. The brightness level is set to less than 50%. No screen protector applied. So far I have not changed the brightness setting yet. Tried it with and without polarized sun glasses and was able to see.

Samsung Note 8 is a phone that is over 1000 nit, higher than the crystal sky 5.5 screen. No current tablet comes close to 1k nit. It takes too much battery power for a bright screen. I have 10.5 ipad. It has 600 nit. The brightness level is set to less than 50%. No screen protector applied. So far I have not changed the brightness setting yet. Tried it with and without polarized sun glasses and was able to see.

Does your 10.5 iPad fit in the factory cradle extension? Is there only one 10.5 iPad?

Thank you for that info, I already have that list. Reading specs is one thing but hearing from people that actually use it is quite another. I think I'm sending back the asus zen pad which I have not even used I'm going to get an Apple Mini 4

Thank you for that info, I already have that list. Reading specs is one thing but hearing from people that actually use it is quite another. I think I'm sending back the asus zen pad which I have not even used I'm going to get an Apple Mini 4
Unless you get something as bright as a Crystalsky, all tablets can be sifficult to read in bright sunlight.
And if you aren't getting something that bright, it's important to go for something with enough memory and performance to properly run DJI Go.

It seems the crowd all lean toward the iPad Mini 4 that's the way I'm going to go

Does your 10.5 iPad fit in the factory cradle extension? Is there only one 10.5 iPad?
There is only 1 version of 10.5 ipad. It has the A10x chip. The newest chip is the A11 on the iphone x.

Attachments

• 20171205_061241.jpg
    20171205_061241.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 1,014
Yes it fits the stock cradle. I attached a pix of my controller and the 10.5 ipad.
yeah I'm sorry I missed the attachment thank you very much

When flying is it possible for a second person to be viewing a second tablet seeing the same thing you are as pilot.

Out of all the ipads, I went for the Ipad Pro 10.5 with cellular, it's much brighter than the mini 4, that is until the Crystalsky Ultra was available

Here are relative nit figures (from left to right in the photo, all tablets were at maximum brightness settings)

Ipad 2017 5th gen - 500nits
Ipad Pro 10.5 - 600nits
DJI Crystalsky Ultra 7.85in - 2000nits
Ipad Mini 4 - 450nits

So in the rankings and in the photo, it goes Crystalsky Ultra, Ipad Pro 10.5, Ipad 5th gen followed closely by the mini 4.

It looks like 100nits in brightness here and there doesn't really make a big difference

ipad brightness - Copy.jpg

Out of all the ipads, I went for the Ipad Pro 10.5 with cellular, it's much brighter than the mini 4, that is until the Crystalsky Ultra was available

Here are relative nit figures (from left to right in the photo, all tablets were at maximum brightness settings)

Ipad 2017 5th gen - 500nits
Ipad Pro 10.5 - 600nits
DJI Crystalsky Ultra 7.85in - 2000nits
Ipad Mini 4 - 450nits

So in the rankings and in the photo, it goes Crystalsky Ultra, Ipad Pro 10.5, Ipad 5th gen followed closely by the mini 4.

It looks like 100nits in brightness here and there doesn't really make a big difference

View attachment 91889
Wow thanks for putting that together, it should be in some sort of a sticky for everybody to see. Many should copy the link for this something good to pull up later.

I got the iPad 2017 9.7 love it so far.
Staples $289

I've used the iPad mini 4 for over a year now and wouldn't use anything else. It does have it's issues in very bright sunlight, but I simply find shade, or create it. No big deal at all.

Bud

It seems the crowd all lean toward the iPad Mini 4 that's the way I'm going to go

I have struggled with the screen display issue with several devices and building all kinds of custom sun screens for them. Nothing seemed to work well. Build a screen that shades the device adequately in bright sun and it is so boxed in you can't easily get to the touch screen to operate the Go App.

The tablet I like the most is the Nvidia Shield K1. But it too has brightness issues. It has an HDMI output so I decided to buy an external monitor. I bought the Fieldview 777SB from Hobby King which has 1000 nit brightness. Viola, I can see clearly even on a very bright day!

The only downside of this setup is that it is a hard wire connection. So I bought a 15 foot HDMI cable and $24 tripod to mount the monitor on.

Bottom line is that it seems that 1000 nit brightness works great. Not sure if the 500 nit screens (as many suggest) are adequate or nit. But I spent a few extra bucks for the 1000 nit monitor and am extremely happy - finally!

Which of the tablets has the brightest resolution besides Crystal Sky?
And which ones are anti-glare, or is there an anti-glare that I can put over a tablet
Guys I know this is probably been talk about before but I did a search and couldn't find anything

Three days ago I received my Crystalsky 7 5/8" Ultra High 2000 nit monitor. On Thursday I took it to the beach for a beach litter survey I am doing. Temperature was 53°F and no clouds. I had been using a a hi-res iPad and the difference is amazing. It was very clear in the brightest sunlight regardless of whether the sun was in front of me or to my back or side. Flew the drone for about 90 minutes and changed batteries 4 times. Then on Friday, I went to the beach to record litter again. It was 35°F and 100% cloud stratus cover so a cold, dreary day. Again the Crystalsky monitor was very clear and worked perfectly in the cooler temperature. Since, I will be filming through the winter, I will have the opportunity to test it in still colder temps. For me, the long wait for the 2000nit unit was well worth the wait and additional expense.

The brightness of many tablets is shown in the tables here:
Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help
"Anti-glare" films are very little help for use in bright sunlight.
A shady tree makes the best anti-glare device.

I use an anti-glare film because it cuts down the reflection of my ugly self. This is with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" and a Tab S2 8". Just set up my Galaxy Note 8 and it is awesome. No anti-glare film on it. Looks like a Samsung fan here....I am.

All of the overlay films I tried did a good job reducing glare but exacerbated the screen brightness issue. Can't remember for sure if I ever tried any 3M products mentioned earlier though.

The Fieldview monitor I mentioned above has a nice matte finish so no film is necessary.

It's all about the nits. 500 may work but I know for sure 1000 does. Can't imagine how great 2000 would be.

Reactions: K Henry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj