Tablet Anti-Glare Progress!

Reaction score
Received my Hoodivision sunshade and also the SuperShieldz Anti-Glare screen protector for my iPad Air 2. Went out this afternoon and I'm happy to report that the combination of these two items did in fact significantly reduce the amount of glare I was experiencing. My best guess would be by about 30% over the previous bare screen I was using! The screen protector went on really easy, with hardly "any" bubbles............. for me, that's a small miracle! I always have a problem with bubbling trying to install "any" screen protector! So I was very happy with this one, and there are 2 more sheets included. The sunshade also attaches very easy too. The sticky pads work okay to secure the sides to my tablet, but we have very windy conditions here in Oklahoma on a daily basis. So, using the velcro pads on the underneath worked out better for me. I can already see that on some very windy days, I may even use a thin length of gorrilla tape over that. The hood is not very rigid, so if you are facing the wind, it tends to push it downwards onto the tablet, somewhat. Try to stay parallel to the wind or with your back to it, for best results.

Bottom line is I'm very happy with these two items, and would recommend either, or both, to help reduce anti-glare problems you may be having. I've linked both items below if anyone wants to check them out. I'm not affiliated in any way with either one.

[3-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint Matte Screen Protector For Apple iPad Air 2 & iPad Air + Lifetime Replacements Warranty- Retail Packaging

Hoodivision PadHat Hybrid

Feel free to ask any questions!

Reactions: Fplvert
I took the anti-glare protector off my Shield 5 minutes after putting it on.... way too washed out, made it worse. Perhaps they are better on the iPad because the screen is brighter?

That may very well be. I've tried others and took them off right away too. But there is literally no change with this one. I thought I ordered the wrong one, and it was just a clear piece of film. But no, it's the anti-glare film. Last night at home, with the room fairly dark, I turned it on and peeled the protector back halfway, while looking for any sign of the screen getting brighter or clearer. Nothing. It doesn't seem to do anything but reduce glare when outside. Happy camper here!

ETA: I was so much more comfortable being able to see the screen, I flew my farthest distance and hit the 400ft ceiling for the first time!

Reactions: bbfpv
I am looking to get the hoodie I think. Post a pic of yours setup? I use an ipad air too.

I took the anti-glare protector off my Shield 5 minutes after putting it on.... way too washed out, made it worse. Perhaps they are better on the iPad because the screen is brighter?

I don't think so. I can't speak to the Supershildz protector as I have a Zagg Invisasheild...but it dulls down the screen with-out-a-doubt. However, that is mitigated by less glare and no fingerprints. Its definitely a trade off though.

11269642_711160439012033_1292328074_n.jpg

11430232_711160499012027_1398558561_n.jpg

11356218_711160522345358_1088947602_n.jpg

10477579_711160419012035_549838644_n.jpg

That's weird as I can't fly without mine on my shield! :)

Also, in the above pics of my PadHat setup, you'll notice I attach the sides further "up" the tablet than is normal. This allows more air to flow through the holes that are created up top. You would have to have experienced the winds here in Oklahoma to understand.

I'm using the super shieldz also.
Ah! Yeah, I'd hate to recommend it and it didn't work for someone. But it isn't at all like any screen protector I've tried before. Literally, just reduces glare, no other "side affects" that I can see. Then, attach the hood over that, and I'm smiling a lot today!

Reactions: Fplvert
The article that Ivar found got me curious. I was out today and even on a "cloudy" day, the sun in the Okanagan valley is intense. I don't have a shield for the iPad mini 2 (something that I will have to remedy) that I use with the RC, and with my prescription (and polarized) sunglasses sitting on my nose, the screen was almost indecipherable. So, when I saw this link, I was intrigued. Could rotating the iPad improve things? I've been using it with the Home button on the right, which is what I'm accustomed to.

The short answer is no, not really. I tried this with two iPads, One a standard iPad 3rd generation (a retina display) and with an iPad Mini 2 that I use exclusively with the P3P. With the standard iPad, I found it to get darker to the point of invisibility in sunlight, when in portrait mode. I tried it with the Mini, and found the screen to be almost black in landscape mode but better in portrait mode; the opposite. I'm fairly sure however that running the DJI Pilot app in portrait mode would be a tad traumatizing since it only rotates 180°! What I did find, somewhat counter-intuitively is that my regular pair of glasses, the type that darkens when UV is present, allowed me the clearest view of the iPad's screen. I'll be using these from now on. Thanks Ivar for making me curious.

Anyway, I guess we should be a tad suspicious of any article that has the word "beach" spelled as "beech". ;)

PS: for the so-inclined, Wikipedia has a bit of a mind-numbing article on the subject of light polarization...

The article that Ivar found got me curious. I was out today and even on a "cloudy" day, the sun in the Okanagan valley is intense. I don't have a shield for the iPad mini 2 (something that I will have to remedy) that I use with the RC, and with my prescription (and polarized) sunglasses sitting on my nose, the screen was almost indecipherable. So, when I saw this link, I was intrigued. Could rotating the iPad improve things? I've been using it with the Home button on the right, which is what I'm accustomed to.

The short answer is no, not really. I tried this with two iPads, One a standard iPad 3rd generation (a retina display) and with an iPad Mini 2 that I use exclusively with the P3P. With the standard iPad, I found it to get darker to the point of invisibility in sunlight, when in portrait mode. I tried it with the Mini, and found the screen to be almost black in landscape mode but better in portrait mode; the opposite. I'm fairly sure however that running the DJI Pilot app in portrait mode would be a tad traumatizing since it only rotates 180°! What I did find, somewhat counter-intuitively is that my regular pair of glasses, the type that darkens when UV is present, allowed me the clearest view of the iPad's screen. I'll be using these from now on. Thanks Ivar for making me curious.

Anyway, I guess we should be a tad suspicious of any article that has the word "beach" spelled as "beech". ;)

PS: for the so-inclined, Wikipedia has a bit of a mind-numbing article on the subject of light polarization...

From everything I have read the iPad Air 2 is by far the best with the iPad Mini being the worst of the iPad series. I have both an iPad Mini Retina and an iPad Air 2 and there is no comparison between the two. The iPad Air 2 really is much better. I have never tried it with polarizing sun glasses though.

For what it's worth.

I'm using the PadHat and the Body Guardz anti glare screen on my iPad Mini 3, the combination actually works (!)

:harry

Anybody tried this on a Black Pearl? I know I'd have to cut it but I think it's worth a shot.

I have the Super Shieldz anti-glare on all my device screens. They help with the fingerprints and reflecting image of myself trying to see!

i've had the wind take my Hoodi and my anti-glare screen saver right off the tablet with the nano stick pads. Velcro would be much more secure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31