Switching between ATT & GPS in-flight

Reaction score
Is there any danger switching back and forth between these two modes while flying? I like GPS for the stabilization, but ATT for some maneuvers and like to switch between them at will. Could this cause any issues? I also refrain from relying on GPS for auto return home.
Thanks!

calipilot said:
Is there any danger switching back and forth between these two modes while flying? I like GPS for the stabilization, but ATT for some maneuvers and like to switch between them at will. Could this cause any issues? I also refrain from relying on GPS for auto return home.
Thanks!

Collin shows exactly this in one of the DJI instructional videos. You can find them on the DJI site under Phantom support, or at this YouTube URL: http://youtu.be/DMfcf69VIrM

I have started to use the wind sometimes to get a smooth camera-in-motion shot by starting upwind in ATT mode and just letting the Phantom drift downwind, and then stopping the drift by switching back to GPS mode. Of course, I could leave it in ATT and continue to fly it that way as well. Switching back and forth between GPS and ATT modes is explained and shown very clearly in the video.

calipilot said:
Thanks!

No danger whatsoever, especially if you're flying in less than favorable conditions or settings.
I switch back and forth all the time in-flight. I'll fly in GPS to get into position, then flip to ATTI to get fluid shots
and then flip back go GPS if I feel at any time I want to re-orient myself (or take off my FVP goggles to fly my Phantom in for a landing).
there's no issues to worry about.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl