Supposedly quiet blades ain't. Don't buy 'em

They just sent me an answer to my question about the new props causing undue stress on the 1.0 and they gave me the same answer as the first one , out of some booklet.
Gezz I can't even say that sinu word,where they get these names from,?? Yes can say I gone back to original,they push way more air which in turn creates stress ,,my scientific thought anyway:)

They just sent me an answer to my question about the new props causing undue stress on the 1.0 and they gave me the same answer as the first one , out of some booklet.
LOL- you should know what to expect.... you don’t need DJI to clarify the fact that to produce equivalent thrust at lower prop speed requires that the ESC must deliver more current. The only way around this would be to employ a reduction drive so that the motor was operating a higher speed.

I have a P4PV2 and found the new props noisier than I expected. As far as stability I found my new P4PV2 very stable in moderate gusting wind with no drifting. I had just flown my I1V2 which wasn't as stable in a hover.

My P4PV2 is completely new to me. I've only had it for 2 days so as I've written I initially thought that my P4PV2 was going to be as quiet as my Mavic Pro with the quiet blades. In a low stationary hover my P4PV2 sounded as loud as my Inspire 1V2 but lift it to a 50' hover it became much quieter. At 100' it was as quiet as I was expecting. Bear in mind that my tests were far from scientific. My P4 at 200' sounds much louder than my P4PV2. I'm satisfied with the sound level.

I purchased the "quiet" blades. The first batch I got didn't fit properly and flew off the p4 before, luckily, getting off the ground. The second batch seemed to fit, but made absolutely no difference in noise level. Don't waste your money.
Thanks … Ed
Agreed! They do not lower the noise level.

did you compare his v2 against your p4p with the stock props ? the negativity is mostly about all the false reports commenting on how great they are when in fact not so much on the new blade . we can and should expect honest reports not the false reports just so some can sale the blades on their small internet companies
Actually yes we did... new props are quieter

Hey guys, I got a response from DJI about the new props. Here's what they said......
Also I sent them a few more questions that they really didn't answer I will post those when I get an answer.

In regards with your Question 1: "Can the new low noise props be used on the original p4p?"
Answer: Yes. Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and Phantom 4 Pro propellers are cross-compatible. However, Phantom 4 Pro propellers (9450S) are less aerodynamic and louder than Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 propellers (9455S propellers).

Question 2, "Do they cause any undue stress on the original p4p Motors?", "Are the new low noise props designed only for V 2.0 Because of the new Motors", and "Are the new Motors designed to lower noise or to just handle the new props?"
Answer: New FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs not only reduce electromagnetic noise, but also improve the overall efficiency of the ESCs. Also, new 9455S quick-release propellers make the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 more aerodynamic and reduce noise. It has the same maximum flight time and maximum speed as the Phantom 4 Pro
I agree completely... and have verified it in a side by side comparison!

Here is a video that is on Youtube that is interesting. It test not only decibels but speed of the props at the same hover. If you don't want to watch the whole 4:48 video and only want to see the results, start watching at 3:25. I have a set and it's not quieter to me, maybe a tad, but the pitch is much lower and less "bee hive" and I like it much better. But you can notice the prop RPM difference.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is a video that is on Youtube that is interesting. It test not only decibels but speed of the props at the same hover. If you don't want to watch the whole 4:48 video and only want to see the results, start watching at 3:25. I have a set and it's not quieter to me, maybe a tad, but the pitch is much lower and less "bee hive" and I like it much better. But you can notice the prop RPM difference.

A couple of observations.... firstly to the extent he wanted to measure the speed difference of the rotors at hover a tachometer would have proved infinitely more useful than a radar gun. Secondly the suggestion that lower rotational speed equates to higher efficiency is an ignorant assumption. Power input to the motors, even measured upstream of the ESC would be required to establish any efficiency gain. Mah/time consumed in hover would also be reliable.

Reactions: lmmavrick
Many of us agree that there is a difference in the Tone of the new Props. I have found this to be true and it becomes very noticeable when you are video taping with the drone.
The change in Tone of the done does make it easier to film the drone when close up and the tone is easier on the ears but it is in no way more silent. But it was a good way to sell them.

The real benefits have come from the drone being more stable going up and down and how the drone reacts in the wind in severe storms.
Many of us are flying are drones to capture the video and not so much interested in how far we can push the drone before it wont come back.

3 Month Update; Things we have noticed

Sound is so much nicer on video
More stable in the High Winds.
Breaking is a little quicker.

Travel at slow speeds are smoother for cinematic effects.

Go to 14.25 seconds for the Video taken with the new Props.

Many of us agree that there is a difference in the Tone of the new Props. I have found this to be true and it becomes very noticeable when you are video taping with the drone.
The change in Tone of the done does make it easier to film the drone when close up and the tone is easier on the ears but it is in no way more silent. But it was a good way to sell them.

The real benefits have come from the drone being more stable going up and down and how the drone reacts in the wind in severe storms.
Many of us are flying are drones to capture the video and not so much interested in how far we can push the drone before it wont come back.

3 Month Update; Things we have noticed

Sound is so much nicer on video
More stable in the High Winds.
Breaking is a little quicker.

Travel at slow speeds are smoother for cinematic effects.

Go to 14.25 seconds for the Video taken with the new Props.

I would hope the new rotors don't break quicker- to the extent they might exhibit a faster braking action I'm not sure how this might be measured easily. The same applies to the perceived improvements in stability and dealing with wind. A lower pitched rotor requiring less torque from the motors can react faster to commanded changes in RPM which lends an advantage to the older style prop.This would be less applicable to the P4Pv2 where it seems a lower Kv motor was matched to the new props. We know the tone must be different, lower RPM with same number of rotor blades provides the fundamental and harmonics will be of lower frequency.

Also you must have bought non dji quiet
Props I have seen that the Chinese bootleg
Copy’s do not fit properly so had you bought
Dji factory props there would be no way you would have figment problem because q control is good. THE SHOULD HAVE COME I. WHITE BOX WITH DJI ON IT if you received any other way you bought fakes
Also dji quiet props are more than 20 bucks

Hello all.

I usually creep myself around these forums and never made an account until today. I made it specifically for this post. I own both P4P and P4P v2.0. To the ear, while starting motors and idle, the v2.0 is quieter with both sets of propellers, but in flight they are about the same IMO. I made a video for you guys, so you can see both Phantoms, with both set propellers on them and you can decide if changing the propellers quiet the P4 down or is about the same. I also included a decibel counter to prove they are about the same in noise, just in different pitch? Please excuse my crude video everything skills. This is my first time ever doing this.

To me, changing the propellers type do not affect the noise level at all, but that's how I perceive it. Now that that's settled. On to the next topic in this thread. Someone said that the old P4P has to apply more thrust to the motors in order to compensate for the design of the new props, therefore cutting down on flight time. I have not tested this, but if that is true, then installing the old props to the P4P v2.0 should in theory, increase the flight time. This is really hard to test, since wind conditions, direction, time of day, temp, etc affect the flight time and I don't feel confident I will get reliable data. I could try let it hover over the table, like in the video, but I don't think my bosses would allow me to make so much noise for 1 hour, without firing me and I don't feel like supervising a hovering drone for that long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic