Super slow descent/land?!

Reaction score
Okay this p4 has 5 flights do to my other one dropping yes literally dropped out of the sky while I watched on my iPad Air! So anyways my new one that I hardly fly from being scared of flying and crashing a brand new p4. So I finally just got out this new one for the new 2018 season and I’m having issues with it landing so slow I’m worried about running out of battery..

Has all latest firmware in transmitter and drone.

Even turned off the sensor for a good spot to land.

Calibrated IMU and compass...repeatedly!

Just can’t figure this out guys and would love some feedback on this?!
c8d9c46beebefa916e7a0c61c4a48255.jpg
16fc371318e491221ae695423c28f156.jpg

Don't do compass unless prompted to,to much cause damage I'm told,coming down to slow just change to sport mode , come down faster,,I delete my other post I thought it read come down to fast..ps..nice collection,,mine bit slow coming down to ,just autorotate in sport mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I’m having issues with it landing so slow I’m worried about running out of battery..
Calibrated IMU and compass...repeatedly!
Just can’t figure this out guys and would love some feedback on this?!
The compass is a direction sensor. Re-calibrating it isn't going to have any effect on descending.
We'd really need some more information to be able to say anything about your issue.
How slow is the descent?
Can you share the recorded flight data from the incident?
Do you have a gimbal guard fitted?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Just thinking could you have some one take a video of it landing from say......35 feet up.....to touching down and post it here in your thread ! and are you auto landing or manually landing ?

Your landing it manually, not Return To Home? Because RTH is slow.

But wow, I really love your pic of your collection, especially how you hang them :)

This is not a TBS Vendetta or so. Even in non RTH he will limit descend to avoid vortex etc. Racers pids can be agressively tuned with Betaflight, here not. Some are doing circles with forward speed while descend for the Flight controller to allow quicker landing.

I agree.. Have someone video it for us to see.. I can't imagine the Phantom coming down so slow you are worried about battery life.. As stated, RTH is slower, but even an full down toggle, it comes down quick enough to land..

If I see correctly it looks like you have some kind of gimbal guard on I guarantee that is the problem take it off and your problem will go away.... you can thank me later.... basically it's a bad design it messes with the sensors on the bottom of the aircraft this is a known issue with some gumbal guards. You're honestly lucky you have not crashed..... also you guys need to be more observant! to my fellow members:)

Also I would ditch those carbon fiber props you'll probably get about 2 minutes less flight and I've heard horror stories/breaking midair .... I would just stick with the regular DJI props ( nothing wrong with stockers) especially if you have a warranty case or need help with a repair they won't help you if you have carbon fiber props on it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers