Sunscreen Hood

What cable type do you use to connect the controller to these goggles?
RC to Mybud battery >>> HDMI mini A to HDMI mini A
Mybud battery to Mybud >>> special cable from Mybud

I got a HDMI mini to HDMI cable with an adapter for HDMI to HDMI mini along with Mybud. I was not happy with using an adapter in between, so bought a HDMI mini to HDMI mini 1.5 foot cable. I think even 1 foot cable will be ok as I mount Mybud battery box on the RC holder.

Weak link in the entire system is HDMI module. Ensure that there are no tensions on the module due to thick HDMI cable and never use adaptor on the module side. That's why I prefer a direct HDMI mini to HDMI mini cable.

Last edited:
Im
RC to Mybud battery >>> HDMI mini A to HDMI mini A
Mybud battery to Mybud >>> special cable from Mybud

I got a HDMI mini to HDMI cable with an adapter for HDMI to HDMI mini along with Mybud. I was not happy with using an adapter in between, so bought a HDMI mini to HDMI mini 1.5 foot cable. I think even 1 foot cable will be ok as I mount Mybud battery box on the RC holder.

Weak link in the entire system is HDMI module. Ensure that there are no tensions on the module due to thick HDMI cable and never use adaptor on the module side. That's why I prefer a direct HDMI mini to HDMI mini cable.
still trying to visualize how ambient light doesn't become a factor. I get you use HDMI mini A from RC to Mybud battery and proprietary cable from Mybud battery to Mybud. but if the Mybuds press against prescription glasses, glare doesn't come into play?

I really like the Mybud, mainly due to the small overall size compared to VR headgear like headplay. I don't mind dropping the $250 for the glasses and $100 for the HDMI module, so long as I don't continually have glare issues.

Last edited:
Im

still trying to visualize how ambient light doesn't become a factor. I get you use HDMI mini A from RC to Mybud battery and proprietary cable from Mybud battery to Mybud. but if the Mybuds press against prescription glasses, glare doesn't come into play?

I really like the Mubud, mainly due to the small overall size compared to VR headgear like headplay. I don't mind dropping the $250 for the glasses and $100 for the HDMI module, so long as I don't continually have glare issues.

I didn't notice any glare at 1pm. Yes it is inconvenient to wear it over prescription glasses, but one gets used to it. The final solution is to buy glasses for the blank frame supplied along with Mybud.

I like it as it has small form factor and I believe one can wear a hat or a cap to provide additional shade to glasses, will try it.

I'm trying to understand if this hood and extender makes the whole 'system' a bit big or not and would it make more sense for use with a Mini iPad more than an Air2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it not possible to set up chair table with RC to fly P3? Won't it be comfortable with lots of fun? I know we would lose mobility but so what? We get great fun.

Decided to stay with the Air2 and Hoodman (when it comes back in stock) but I've gone for the slightly more expensive tray and Mobile holder from Secraft. Looks more adjustable from a viewing point of view.

It took awhile for it to come in stock (and then to me). But this is the most comfortable and easiest way of flying.

Hoodman Hood (with Extender)
Secraft Tray with the Medium Tablet holder.
Apple 0.5m Cable

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455973002.926725.jpg

I had this one but found it cumbersome. Got a smaller tablet (nVidia Shield) and the smaller hoodman. It works great. Best sunscreen out there. Not cheap but the best rarely is.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic