Sunhans 2W 5.8Ghz and 2.5W 2.4Ghz Booster

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I installed a ITELITE Antenna on my P3S controller and shes working dam good.Now to get even better video signal and range when far out does the Sunhans 2W 5.8Ghz and 2.5W 2.4Ghz Booster help alot or just a little bit.Also,do these boosters need any extra power,or do you just screw the cables into the RC and out to the ITELITE Antenna.Any info on this appreciated...

Attachments

• mSjQqI_AK9SGd_w5diRyYbQ.jpg
    mSjQqI_AK9SGd_w5diRyYbQ.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 436
Boosters such as the Sunhans and others that I used, I use ARGTEK - but that does not change booster use....

a) They need separate power. I used a LiFe 2cell 1500mAh pack ..... this delivers nominal 6.6V, max charged 7.2V. I used a 5V 5A BEC to reduce for the 2.4Ghz booster because that was a 6V max item I had. You need to check the voltage specs of your Sunhans.
b) My range increase went from 2000m without to 5000m with, in rural area ... flight height about 100 - 120m and reasonably flat clear terrain.

Hope that helps.

Nigel

Im up to 8000m with those exact amps with alfa antennas and extended battery. I will likely keep going but im calling it quits, 8000m is plenty.

Boosters such as the Sunhans and others that I used, I use ARGTEK - but that does not change booster use....

a) They need separate power. I used a LiFe 2cell 1500mAh pack ..... this delivers nominal 6.6V, max charged 7.2V. I used a 5V 5A BEC to reduce for the 2.4Ghz booster because that was a 6V max item I had. You need to check the voltage specs of your Sunhans.
b) My range increase went from 2000m without to 5000m with, in rural area ... flight height about 100 - 120m and reasonably flat clear terrain.

Hope that helps.

Nigel
So Nigel.If I use the same setup like you have it should work ok with my ItElite DBS Flight Range Extender Antenna ITE-DBS01.4.Where did you order your parts from...

So Nigel.If I use the same setup like you have it should work ok with my ItElite DBS Flight Range Extender Antenna ITE-DBS01.4.Where did you order your parts from...

I have plenty of gear from my general RC flying etc. - my batterys (LiFe and LiPo) usually come from Hobby King ... rest from various sellers on eBay ...

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20