Substitute RC Controller for FC40

Yes,it will .i have been using one for about a year. I went round and round with a DJI uninformed phone rep. I asked if it would work ,she said no. I told her I wanted to control my gimbal....again I was told no because my FC40 didn't have a gimbal...I ordered one off Amazon for $99.00 ,if it didn't work I would send it back. Well it worked and controlled my Walkera gimbal perfectly.

That's good to know I got tired of the gimbal controller already on the back of the FC40 controller so I will be looking out to upgrade the controller soon!

I was trying to do the gimbal tilt knob mod,putting a knob on the front of the rc and soldering the wires to the inside of the controller. a few test flights almost ended with a flyaway ,must have burned the board , thats when i bought the new rc,tilt wheel ,rechargeable lipo. i still use it on my F450 and Fc40 .just have to bind it.

I was trying to do the gimbal tilt knob mod,putting a knob on the front of the rc and soldering the wires to the inside of the controller. a few test flights almost ended with a flyaway ,must have burned the board , thats when i bought the new rc,tilt wheel ,rechargeable lipo. i still use it on my F450 and Fc40 .just have to bind it.

I found a few controllers on Ebay and Amazon, but I'm wondering if I should try the tilt knob mod first. There are some pretty detailed tutorials on youtube and since I have been soldering like a madman of late I'm willing to give it a try.
I did not know you added a Phantom 3P. What do you think of it? My wife is still bothering me to buy one. I'm almost at the point of caving in. I modded her FC40 to the max, but she likes automation and the thought of taking controlled pics while the quad flies itself. We got a demo at B&H while on a trip to NY. It looked pretty good. I do not live near any No Fly Zones, but I wonder about that software working correctly and the future implications of the quad being governed by software. Still, an upgraded FC40 with a bigger battery, OSD and FPV is not too far off from the newer models and I have been having a blast flying it:)

I found a few controllers on Ebay and Amazon, but I'm wondering if I should try the tilt knob mod first. There are some pretty detailed tutorials on youtube and since I have been soldering like a madman of late I'm willing to give it a try.
I did not know you added a Phantom 3P. What do you think of it? My wife is still bothering me to buy one. I'm almost at the point of caving in. I modded her FC40 to the max, but she likes automation and the thought of taking controlled pics while the quad flies itself. We got a demo at B&H while on a trip to NY. It looked pretty good. I do not live near any No Fly Zones, but I wonder about that software working correctly and the future implications of the quad being governed by software. Still, an upgraded FC40 with a bigger battery, OSD and FPV is not too far off from the newer models and I have been having a blast flying it:)

the tilt knob was pretty easy, just make sure you remove the slider off the power button before you take the case apart...:oops:
The new Phantom 3 thing started two weeks ago when I went into a Best buy store just to get a few last min. gifts.... they said they had a special package deal...then they said I could put it on by Best Buy credit card with no interest for 18 months. Dang! how was I to say no!

the Phantom 3 Professional is bad *** ,the range is off the chart.
I am testing the beta version of Autopilot with waypoints.:D
I have been playing with a Pixhawk on my F550/E600 hex because I wanted waypoints etc. I was having a hard time with the 550 because it is so over powered, but I just got it to finish the auto tune process .so we'll see. here's a quick video I did in between rain storms this past weekend testing the orbit mode .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl