Stuttering video in 4k

That kind of stuttering your mention is called "motion judder" and is caused by too low frame rate for your computer screen. Really simplified, you want as high framerate as possible, 60 is usually perceived as completely smooth.

Reality does not have a frame rate, although the human brain re-analyzes the incoming image signal to the visual cortex at around 60-260 times per second (depending on a LOT of factors).

24 fps is usual for that certain legacy "film effect" (the de facto standard from 1926) that you might be used to, but because of the relatively low frame rate, you will see a certain "jitter" in the movie, especially with fast pans or a rapidly moving image. Modern computer games have a much higher frame rate (if played on a decent computer), which makes the games look smooth and lifelike.

//Tom

Last edited:
I'm sure the comments about frame rates and macs have nothing to do with the OP's issues.
Since it improved when recording at 1080p it's fair to assume that the system is not coping with 4K, or the files need to be downloaded rather than played through too slow SD card reader.

Not that long ago even 1080p was too much for older computers, 4K requires dealing with huge amount of data.

My computer specs:
-AMD FX-8320 (8 core)
-ASUS GTX750Ti (2GB Version) (this is rated to display 4k resolution)
-8GB Ram (hyper x)
-Windows 10

I don't know why, but i can not seem to play back 4k video. I know VLC, the windows media player, and quick time all do not work for me. Any ideas? I am going to try some different media players today. Do you think that my computer has enough power? I built it myself only about a year ago..
I build systems, also. i play a lot of online games. I am also a computer engineer...software and hardware.

the AMD FX-8320 chip that you are using, does not do very well with 4k video, it is hit/miss.

I just built a computer, this last Christmas. Intel processor, 32 gb ram, GEforce 4 gb video,...windows 10, no issues....run 4k video from my go pro, while playing company of heros 2, online.

hi guys read most of the posts had the same problem but fixed it i realized that the tablet i was using did not have a micro SD card in the slot therefore the tablets storage was getting full with the videos that are stored and saved in the DJi GO app it stores automatically in the tablet/phone ,so i put a SD card in and tried again and now i can record as much as i want hope this helps somebody

hi guys read most of the posts had the same problem but fixed it i realized that the tablet i was using did not have a micro SD card in the slot therefore the tablets storage was getting full with the videos that are stored and saved in the DJi GO app it stores automatically in the tablet/phone ,so i put a SD card in and tried again and now i can record as much as i want hope this helps somebody

Why are you using the low res recordings in the APP ?? The real videos are in the Gimbal / Camera on the Drone itself.

As far as I know - the archive recording to tablet / phone via GO is at 720 ... and low res.

Stuttering / breakup / lines / jittering ... are all common with the GO recorded video as it takes it from the video stream supplying your screen.

Stuttering of SD card video made on the drone is most often due to low frame rate. It can be due to 'player' used on the PC ... I find that full on 4K from my GoPro can drive VLC player nuts - but 4K from my P3P is OK.
I have now dropped back to 1920 x 1080 on the P3P and upped to 50fps ... all stutter has vanished and I get clean video now. The only stutter is from ME - being a 3D / Sport fixed wing flyer ... so stick movements even with Expo are not so smooth.

Nigel

Reactions: bloxx

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl