Stunning drone footage from Africa

Outstanding. Can you share what equipment was used and locations ? I've always dreamed of this trip and bringing my drone with me. Any issues flying legally there etc ?

Hi Mhloz, I'm afraid I can't answer all of your queries, except that South African aviation authorities have closely followed FAA's regulations regarding drone flying... the maximum altitude, not near airports etc. I also know that one is not allowed to fly drones in South Africa's National Parks (partly because of the issue of rhino poaching). However a lot of this footage was shot at Madikwe Game reserve which is a private reserve and had permission to shoot there. For the full list of locations, I suggest you follow this link who shot it - Rhino African Safaris (or commissioned the footage) on the YouTube site Rhino Africa Safaris

Hi Mhloz, I'm afraid I can't answer all of your queries, except that South African aviation authorities have closely followed FAA's regulations regarding drone flying... the maximum altitude, not near airports etc. I also know that one is not allowed to fly drones in South Africa's National Parks (partly because of the issue of rhino poaching). However a lot of this footage was shot at Madikwe Game reserve which is a private reserve and had permission to shoot there. For the full list of locations, I suggest you follow this link who shot it - Rhino African Safaris (or commissioned the footage) on the YouTube site Rhino Africa Safaris

Oh I thought you shot the footage?

Was that a paid ad or what?

NoCo Drones

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj