strange movement and finally a big crash

Reaction score
Hello, something terrible happened today at my vision 2+.
First i will inform that i upgraded to the last firmware yesterday.
The problem could have begun the previous week. I tried to fly my vision at a big parking area. Even though it was a clear sky it couldn't find more than 6 satellites. Because i was in a middle of work, i lift it up and finally it found 7-8 satellites and manage to take some aerials photos that i needed. Today (i haven't flied it from then) after it found 9 satellites when i lift it there was a strange movement. Something like very small vibrations at the drone and the noise was stronger than usual. Also it couldn't hover. Even though it had locked 9-10 satellites the hovering was still. It kept moving...
I thought it was something in the area that could interfere, so i left the area and went somewhere else out of the city in a big field with anything near that could make problem. I calibrated the compass and after it found 11 satellites i lift it. There was no wind and no clouds at the sky. The movement was better but not perfect. i moved it for 20 meters front back at a low height and then i went at about 30 meters up. Then suddenly it made something like a wind through at the side (i repeat there was no wind at all) and i panicked. I tried to land it, and then the motor started to make quick stops. I couldn't move it towards me at all and then it felt! I probably lost many lifes seeing my 1.300€ property falling from the sky. It crashed very bad. I was very lucky that my camera didn't brake and only the propellers were destroyed.

Do you think it could be the software? A mechanical problem? (the Vision is one month old, very new). I contacted the dealer he told me that it was strange and that he had never heard anything like that and maybe my IMU needed calibration after the upgrade. But yesterday when i installed the new version i checked if it was necessary and the software told me i didn't have to. Does anyone know anything about that?

Thank you in advance

Sounds like a motor or ESC issue. Could also be a bad (physical) connection issue leading to a motor/ESC issue.

I think the software/etc is okay, and it was just trying to compensate for one or ore motors not working right. But that's just a guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl