Still on FW V01.10.0090 - should I upgrade

Reaction score
I haven't made the move to the latest FW (and possibly one before it?) from V01.10.0090, due to all the talk of crippling the flying experience. So is it ok to update now or should I stay where I am for the time being? Will any of the height and distance settings be capped until I update? I want to get out today and need to know the best thing to do before I leave home.

Don't fix what ain't broke !!

If you are happy with what it does now - then ignore the updates and go fly.

Nigel

I've seen nothing to indicate any type of improvement, just the pain in the bum process of having to be logged into the app before flying.

Real sorry I upgraded now

Based on my experiences, Yes! I had a pain with Samsung Galaxy S7 (nougat) which was disconnected and did restarts during a flight very often. Now I got even slightly better max distance + no DJI Go crashes anymore. Problems could appear only if you do not do a RC re-pairing after software update (sometimes system do not force to do it).

I'm happy enough to styay on the earlier firmware. But DJI Go is reporting both the bird and controller need updating. Is it still ok to fly?

YES ....

Ignore the warning - it will go away after a few seconds or so ...

Nigel

I'm an updater as well ..... but with my Generation 1 P3P throwing its hand in ... I will be more cautious once I get it back from repairs !

Nigel

.... because you think the FWU caused the AC to ditch, Nigel?

The P3S went in because of my own fault ...

The P3P bricking with FW is the matter regarding generation ...and my comment here.

Nigel

Thanks for all the replies. Yeah, she took off like a proud, white, square eagle with propellors instead of wings, struts instead of talons, and a camera instead of a beak.

That was the good part.

Then, no more than 30 seconds into my flight, a jumped up little nobody, who said he didn't work for exactly, but was representing our City Council, told me I couldn't fly my drone there without asking permission (I don't have to do any such thing) and said cars represent a crowd of people (I really don't think they do). He went on to say that if I didn't stop flying my drone he would call the police. So I told him to go right ahead, because he would be wasting both his, mine and the police's time as I was not committing an offence. He actually faked a call to the police, saying things like "yes, he's wearing a grey polo shirt" and "he's using a walking stick".

I gave up in the end. People just can't win when there are a$$h0Ie$ (pardon my French) like him in the world.

The field in the photo is where I normally fly from. It was beingused as an overflow carpark today and as you can see, not a sinner around.

6rmzhl.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik