Still in search for a phantom 4 rc battery

Reaction score
I'm still on the hunt for an RC battery. I have contacted 2 different sources outside the US without any luck! Why is this so hard to find and why is it so hard to ship from the ones who do have them overaeas! Not real happy with DJI with this issue!

Why is it that you wish to replace the rc battery? If it’s because you are experiencing the dreaded faulty charging issue, there is a very good possibility that it’s not the battery. I had this problem, and the remote stopped charging at three lights and then two lights, and it was able to do a flight or two, but that was it. I ended up heating the remote’s main board with a heat gun in order to reflow the solder. This fixed my issue, and the battery charged fullly and lasted for many flights as it did new. Then, the issue returned several months later, and I bought a new remote on eBay. At that point, I didn’t want to deal with it.

Some have reported sending their remote to DJI - even out of warranty - and it was fixed for free.

Why is it that you wish to replace the rc battery? If it’s because you are experiencing the dreaded faulty charging issue, there is a very good possibility that it’s not the battery. I had this problem, and the remote stopped charging at three lights and then two lights, and it was able to do a flight or two, but that was it. I ended up heating the remote’s main board with a heat gun in order to reflow the solder. This fixed my issue, and the battery charged fullly and lasted for many flights as it did new. Then, the issue returned several months later, and I bought a new remote on eBay. At that point, I didn’t want to deal with it.

Some have reported sending their remote to DJI - even out of warranty - and it was fixed for free.
It will only charge to 3 bars and stops. I tried to call the only DJI repair center in the whole US and they were closed, so I will try again tomorrow. I am the third owner to this drone and this issue wasn't mentioned with it.

So, if you search out P4 Remote charging issue, you will find that this is a common problem, and your symptoms are very typical, and will get worse. I knew about it and felt lucky that my remote worked fine... Then, it happened.

The reflow definitely fixed it, although I’m not sure which component it fixed. I guess the point is, in my case, and probably yours, a new battery will do the same thing. I know it’s frustrating. I hated to spend another $200 for a new remote, but everything else still had lots of life left in it, so I did it.

So, if you search out P4 Remote charging issue, you will find that this is a common problem, and your symptoms are very typical, and will get worse. I knew about it and felt lucky that my remote worked fine... Then, it happened.

The reflow definitely fixed it, although I’m not sure which component it fixed. I guess the point is, in my case, and probably yours, a new battery will do the same thing. I know it’s frustrating. I hated to spend another $200 for a new remote, but everything else still had lots of life left in it, so I did it.
Yeah I do not want to spend more money on a new controller. I do have a heat gun but not sure on how far to heat the board up.

Remote controller battery replacement?

This is a thread that contains a video giving some info. I had been into my remote to do an antenna modification a year or so prior, so I was fairly familiar and have the proper tools. This process involves digging in a bit deeper though, as the main board has to be removed. I set my heat gun to 500 degrees F and used aluminum foil to protect the plastic connectors. When the issue returned though, I was done messing around.

It is a delicate process though. Bottom line: Dig in if you feel comfortable, but keep in mind that fixing it is a bonus, and it may not. The conservative approach would be a return to DJI, and even if they did charge you, it would no doubt be cheaper than a new remote.

It is a delicate process though. Bottom line: Dig in if you feel comfortable, but keep in mind that fixing it is a bonus, and it may not. The conservative approach would be a return to DJI, and even if they did charge you, it would no doubt be cheaper than a new remote.
Ugh it's so frustrating! I just want to fly.

Reactions: Brockrock
Remote controller battery replacement?

This is a thread that contains a video giving some info. I had been into my remote to do an antenna modification a year or so prior, so I was fairly familiar and have the proper tools. This process involves digging in a bit deeper though, as the main board has to be removed. I set my heat gun to 500 degrees F and used aluminum foil to protect the plastic connectors. When the issue returned though, I was done messing around.
I'm on YouTube now looking at videos

You should be able to fly normally when ‘fully charged’ at it’s 3 bars. I still don’t think the charging status is correct when this problem develops meaning that it’s probably not at 75%, or 75% is not available to use. You should be able to get a few flights if it just started happening though.

You should be able to fly normally when ‘fully charged’ at it’s 3 bars. I still don’t think the charging status is correct when this problem develops meaning that it’s probably not at 75%, or 75% is not available to use. You should be able to get a few flights if it just started happening though.
I notice that it doesnt stay connected to the drone like my p3s does. The 4 should be able to fly farther than my p3s and it is no where near close. I feel like it is all related to the battery voltage charging issue.

I notice that it doesnt stay connected to the drone like my p3s does. The 4 should be able to fly farther than my p3s and it is no where near close. I feel like it is all related to the battery voltage charging issue.
Well, if things don't go good for you, I have an extra P4 remote that fully charges. Good luck.
HI just sent JB a message but our NZ post is very hard on shipping batterys and at extreme top dollar..I think if you can help doing some deal with JB I'm sure he would be great full after all ,man just wants to fly,,,i can help with anything else but a batt,,it's ok shipping around NZ but anywhere else almost comes illegal,,all cause it a lipo batt,,other batt types are sweet so why I don't know,,it is certainly cheaper and easier just to get another remote than to ship mine and that's just stupid,but have to follow rules,,,bit stumped on this,

Reactions: John Bollinger
HI just sent JB a message but our NZ post is very hard on shipping batterys and at extreme top dollar..I think if you can help doing some deal with JB I'm sure he would be great full after all ,man just wants to fly,,,i can help with anything else but a batt,,it's ok shipping around NZ but anywhere else almost comes illegal,,all cause it a lipo batt,,other batt types are sweet so why I don't know,,it is certainly cheaper and easier just to get another remote than to ship mine and that's just stupid,but have to follow rules,,,bit stumped on this,
Ugh they make this such a pain! Thanks for trying to help! Help things get better in your corner!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31