Remote controller battery replacement?

Reaction score
Anyone changed a Remote controller battery? Mine will not charge over 79% and only lasts about 4 full flights before going dead. It used to last a month.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with certain P4 remotes, and it’s probably not the battery. And, I know of no source for the OEM battery. My remote did the same thing. Charged up to third light and lasted maybe 2-3 flights when it used to last all day. I took it all apart and removed the mainboard and used a heat gun at 500 degrees to reflow the solder. I’m not sure which solder area was the issue, but this fixed it back to new, and it’s been a couple weeks with many flight sessions since. It wasn’t a hard job, but I’m fairly comfortable doing things like that, and I have the proper tools.

I took it all apart and removed the mainboard and used a heat gun at 500 degrees to reflow the solder.
If anyone else wants to try that fix, here's a good video that explains how it's done:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: kimakazi
As @Brockrock said, based on an increasing number of reports of charging issues that are related to the controller board, it's unlikely that the battery is the problem. The link posted above by @msinger is one of several DIY fixes that have been posted, if you're handy. Good luck.

Reactions: kimakazi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers