Statement from FAA Administrator Michael Huerta 11/23/15

Reactions: dirkclod
The scariest words in the world.............................. we're from the government and we're here to help!
Just like when the government told the american indians:turn in your guns and we will take care of you,that worked out real good??????

Pros: they traded them some real nice blankets :)
Cons: They were infected with smallpox :(

My father in-law is Mohawk Indian from the Six Nations Tribe.

I get red blooded every time I realize how draconian our government has become, under the guise of "national security"!:eek:

Pros: they traded them some real nice blankets :)
Cons: They were infected with smallpox :(

My father in-law is Mohawk Indian from the Six Nations Tribe.
Cool. I was born and raised on the Ute reservation, on the 40 acre allotment the Tribe gave my father at birth. He and my oldest brother are enrolled Utes, then the tribe changed the blood quota, and the rest of us were not enrolled. My father was 1/4 Ute (where Utah gets its name).
Back on topic...

This has to be one of the dumbest things the government has ever done. Just one of over 200Trillion things I am sure.
If they are going to regulate "Drones" what will stop them at regulating my RC planes and Helis? Stupid...

I expect restrictions will get tighter as the number of MRs increase and more accidents happen. I've seen AirMap gradually adding more "no fly" zones. But my greatest fear is when a small drone, or a fleet of drones, is used in some kind of a terrorist attack.

When that happens, given the level of paranoia in the US, the fun will be over. We need a lobby like the NRA...just call it National Recreational Aircraft

This has to be one of the dumbest things the government has ever done. Just one of over 200Trillion things I am sure.
If they are going to regulate "Drones" what will stop them at regulating my RC planes and Helis? Stupid...
This is precisely why the AMA wants to impose all their AMA Flying Rules on all drone owners, and is heavily lobbying the FAA to adopt AMA Rules for all drones! The AMA members already fly under their own Rules. The AMA is afraid that otherwise the FAA will impose even more draconian measure that will affect all RC craft, so they are offering us up on a silver platter as a sacrificial lamb to the FAA, so the FAA will leave the AMA flyers alone! The AMA does not represent DJI owner interests! :eek:

Think I will wait to see if they cripple drones before I purchase one.
Your fears are way over exaggerated.
The doomsayers have been predicting this ever since rtf drones were released.
There were similar predictions for mobile phones and the internet and lots of new technological innovations.
Like this: Pessimists Archive on Twitter
If you want to fly, just buy one and start enjoying it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Shhhhhh!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4