Spring round the corner in Latvia

Its not bad here ... I'm close enough to town for shops, but far enough that we are literally undisturbed. The river is of course marvellous to live next to - fishing, boating. On good days - I like to go out there with my 'speedboat' flying my waterplanes.

Here's an old video of one .... scratchbuilt Polaris

And just to show that **** does happen ! .....

All gear and model repaired and has been flying ever since ... still RTG now.

You are quite a great craftsman...... and your Beautiful home built planes look so neat and nice....Thanks for the superb videos too.

Reactions: Andy4195
Its not bad here ... I'm close enough to town for shops, but far enough that we are literally undisturbed. The river is of course marvellous to live next to - fishing, boating. On good days - I like to go out there with my 'speedboat' flying my waterplanes.

Here's an old video of one .... scratchbuilt Polaris

And just to show that **** does happen ! .....

All gear and model repaired and has been flying ever since ... still RTG now.

I love the concept, but I feel that both were far better aircraft than they were boats. I love the water speed of the second craft. I like to imagine how fast you could make one go with 4 engines and thrust vectoring.[emoji848]

Speaking of spring, my baby sis called today ans asked me to bring my drone out to her property to inspect the meltwater, which is close to flooding. Had my first encounter with birds. Hovering slowly over her property looking straight down and flying solely with FPV (altho i was close and fully in VLOS. Luckily i happen to notice 2 birds go by close on my screen. Immediately looked at the AC and they were on their way straight for me. I immediately went up and they continued to circle and climb and come after me. Up I went again and got the heck outta there!!! Was an exciting moment lemme tell ya! It's spring, birds are nesting and very protective. Lesson learned!!!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
A very subdued response to **** happening, Nigel. If it was me ... the air would have been bright blue. ? I was always one to ignore blood pressure. ?

Glad to hear she was salvaged and returned to service.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl