Special Phantom 4 battery.

I predict with the development of graphene batteries we will be flying one hour within the next 2 years.

Yeah, but we'll probably have to buy a new drone to use one. DJI stands to sell more Phantom 5/6/7s if the new battery technology is not available on drones that have already been purchased.

I think he has probably read about people doing the battery mod (opening up and rewiring to add wires for external batteries)
If you are willing to void your warrenty and do it, then good, I wont as I think 20 odd mins of flying at a time is enough excitement for me at my age

I think he has probably read about people doing the battery mod (opening up and rewiring to add wires for external batteries)
If you are willing to void your warrenty and do it, then good, I wont as I think 20 odd mins of flying at a time is enough excitement for me at my age

I'd love to see any mod that would hake a battery operated quad fly for 2 hours...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

"I heard a friend of a friend told that ... blablalba"
"I heard that there is a video on youtube that shows ... blabla"

srsly guys learn to check your sources, whats the point of posting this rubbish here

Perhaps he posted here because this IS the Phantom Pilot's forum, and he was actually trying to see if there was any truth to it. Have a little respect for someone asking an honest question...

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Well seeing it was his first post and he never came back, maybe we should respect him and remove the post..
;-)

Well seeing it was his first post and he never came back, maybe we should respect him and remove the post..
;-)

I just hate to see people bashing someone who seemed to have a valid question... Maybe after the negative response he got, he chose to seek information elsewhere... And I was directing MY reply to the DonaldictTrump guy... I found the HUMOR from others funny. It was just DT's reply that seemed a bit disrespectful...

I agree XJ, just having fun
I still would like to see a battery that lasts 2 hours.
With the technology they have now, I am hoping it is sooner than later.
I have a gas powered heli but I would not trust it in a long range flight. Just seems like too many variables that can and do fail.
Btw it's a t-Rex 600 and I don't even fly it anymore after getting my Phantom. That's a whole other story though :)
Another day...

At CES in January there was a company called Top Flight that made a gas powered miniature generator to charge the battery during flight. It's appropriate bolt onto a heavy lifter. Sorry DirtyBird, it won't work on a phantom or Inspire class drone. But it would fly for 3hrs, so they say.

I agree XJ, just having fun
I still would like to see a battery that lasts 2 hours.
With the technology they have now, I am hoping it is sooner than later.
I have a gas powered heli but I would not trust it in a long range flight. Just seems like too many variables that can and do fail.
Btw it's a t-Rex 600 and I don't even fly it anymore after getting my Phantom. That's a whole other story though :)
Another day...

I always wanted an RC helicopter, but from what I saw, they were just WAY too hard to fly!! Hehehe When I saw how easy it was for a beginner with the Phantoms, I was hooked! So now, I've had a Phantom FC40, a Phantom 2 Vision, and then jumped the P3 series, to Phantom 4. If they have truly fixed the P4, then I will be ecstatic!

Thanks. Yes I'd have a blast with a 2 hour battery! :cool:

My latest video. Rather unique:

That was AWESOME!
Did you load the same mission in both?
And why were you getting the yellow lights flashing so much on the leader? Red too a couple times...

Don't mean to high jack. I'll pm you any more questions
:)
Great job though. Like nothing I've seen.

Lets get back on topic of the OP guy's .MB you can see DB's thread on that video here as it's already been posted
"Follow the Leader"
Thank-You

You are only inversely as old as your battery life! ;)

Presumably it's filled from a hydrogen cylinder, look at the regulations about those, flippin eck... It'd cost thousands to be safe, and certainly not be portable I don't imagine a hydrogen generator will provide enough pressure, and they cost thousands of pounds/€uro/$ in any case.. May be OK for industry or agriculture, but it'll never be a flier (pun intended) for hobbyists. Not even sure about the 500 - 1000 cc tank on the aircraft being legal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4