South Devon UK Drone Club

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been flying model aircraft for many years at various clubs in south Devon at: Newton Abbot and Exeter horse race tracks, a Club field neat Marldon Paignton, (all types of aircraft) a farm on cliffs near Brixam and Haytor on Dartmoor (Glides only, no props allowed) and for indoor flying at Kingsteignton Indoor bowling club (now closed and is a Fitness Centre. Thought I haven’t been flying RC aircraft for a few years I have recently bought two drones. A small Hubsan H107D X4 for learning indoors with and a Syma X8HG with 8Mp camera (also takes a GoPro which I have). I bought the Syma to help with my other hobby, metal detecting as it can be used to get aerial views of the detecting location to see if there are any interesting crop marks. So far only flown the Hubsan indoors and the Syma in my garden, so looking for suitable outdoor space to learn to fly the Syma when weather improves. In the past I have started and run several clubs and am contemplating starting a Drone Club here in south Devon. Just need to find a suitable location. Who’s interested ? Contact me via [email protected] if you are. If there’s enough South Devon potential members I will arrange a meet where we can have a drink and discuss the idea (by the way, most aircraft model flying clubs don’t allow drones.
Check out my Facebook page at: @tonyveedrones
Best wishes for 2018.
Tony Volante.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

I would be interested,im based in paignton.I would also be willing to help out any way i can to get the club started.

I would be interested,im based in paignton.I would also be willing to help out any way i can to get the club started.
Hi,
Many thanks for your interest. Sadly, even though several members of that forum expressed a wish for a south Devon drone club, there have only been 2 replies to my post about setting up one. I the mean time I had even set up a Facebook page for it and designed a logo, as well as contacting the Newton Abbot and Exeter race tracks (where I know there are RC model plane clubs). But, as there seemed littleinterest in the idea I scrapped all that and decided not to pursue it. But I will if there's enough interest, we cant really set up a club with just 3 members !
Best Wishes.
Tony.

Hi All,
I am going ahead with setting up the Devon Drone Club, I am sure once I have found a suitable site and promoted the club via Drone magazines etc, members will come flooding in, Though membership numbers will have to be limted or we’ll be falling over ourselves to get our drone in the air on club days. Meanwhile I have set up a Devon Drone Club Facebook page, you can find it at: Devon Drone Club
Best wishes.
Tony Volante.

Reactions: tzonny

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl