Sorry, but it's bye bye to you all!

Reaction score
I’ve really enjoyed owning a drone, right back to my first DJI Phantom FC40 to my Mavic Pro and I’ll have fond memories in the future when I review my aerial photos and videos. I was looking forward to registration in the UK, but then I realised that once registered I would have to abide by the rules 100%. Don’t get me wrong, I would never risk flying in an area that would put anyone at risk, but I did enjoy using Litchi waypoint missions, pre-planning the mission, sending the Mavic on its way and waiting for it to return looking almost pleased with itself! :)
But nothing is infallible and it would be just my luck to have a battery fail and my Mavic fall on the head of some lone walker who’s just out for a stroll. He traces my registration and next day to see newspaper headlines ‘Man knocked out by falling drone wakes up with a bald patch’ . The answer is of course is to behave sensibly and fly VLOS away from buildings and public, but then I’ve got enough videos of fields and lakes and if I can only fly VLOS then I might as well buy a kite. For a hobbyist like myself there is no alternative so reluctantly I’ve sold my Mavic and this will be my last reason to be part of the Mavic Drone Forum. I’ve not posted much in the past, but I’ve always enjoyed reading the weekly most popular topics. I might return when DJI design a drone that weighs a few ounces with 4k stabilised video capability, it’ll happen! Bye all!

I’ve really enjoyed owning a drone, right back to my first DJI Phantom FC40 to my Mavic Pro and I’ll have fond memories in the future when I review my aerial photos and videos. I was looking forward to registration in the UK, but then I realised that once registered I would have to abide by the rules 100%. Don’t get me wrong, I would never risk flying in an area that would put anyone at risk, but I did enjoy using Litchi waypoint missions, pre-planning the mission, sending the Mavic on its way and waiting for it to return looking almost pleased with itself! :)
But nothing is infallible and it would be just my luck to have a battery fail and my Mavic fall on the head of some lone walker who’s just out for a stroll. He traces my registration and next day to see newspaper headlines ‘Man knocked out by falling drone wakes up with a bald patch’ . The answer is of course is to behave sensibly and fly VLOS away from buildings and public, but then I’ve got enough videos of fields and lakes and if I can only fly VLOS then I might as well buy a kite. For a hobbyist like myself there is no alternative so reluctantly I’ve sold my Mavic and this will be my last reason to be part of the Mavic Drone Forum. I’ve not posted much in the past, but I’ve always enjoyed reading the weekly most popular topics. I might return when DJI design a drone that weighs a few ounces with 4k stabilised video capability, it’ll happen! Bye all!
Hey stick around,,I say that all the time and look I still here,,,,do you know there are laws on kites aswell ;)hope you stay well in what ever you decide
Ian

I hear you! I wasn't too thrilled either when in Canada we had to take a test and register our drones when the new law came into effect last June. Personally, I have never flown beyond VLOS and the very few times I have lost track of my drone in the sky has made me nervous and I quickly try to find it or fly it closer so that I can spot it again. There have been a couple of times when I have been flying VLOS and suddenly a helicopter appeared in my area, an area that was far outside any airport or heliport zones, so I am thankful for flying VLOS.

I find in most cases that things I want to take pictures of or take video of are in VLOS anyway. Why not pick up a Mavic Mini. You still have to follow the rules but at this time you don't have to register it (could be wrong about the UK) and you will still be able to enjoy flying a drone. Also, it would be much lighter than your Mavic Pro was.

I love taking aerial pictures and panos and would love to have the M2P but all of the restrictions here in Canada and the fact that I do not get to go to very scenic areas that often don't justify its high cost for me.

Regardless, good luck in whatever you end up deciding.

Chris

Yeah, can't blame you. Spend your money on something with spark plugs. I never joined the DJI cult, but I have a bunch of other things that make a lot more noise where I can actually be a participant rather than just a spectator. Good Luck

Shame ...... sorry to see anyone give up.

What about regular RC flying ? Bring a lot more action into the flying for you ... yes you will have to register ... but that's a small price to pay for the thrill.

I do regular and 'DJI' type flying - I have to admit that regular RC is the one that I will never give up. There's just too much enjoyment in it.

If flying by the rules it is no difference if you are registered or not. Reading your post make me think that if you hurt someone with the drone it is better that nobody can find you, or what(?). Being registered means that you personally take responsibility for anything that might happen.

If you don't agree with that it is better than you don't fly anything. You can do damage or injury with the car as well. Would you say that you will never drive?

I have many pictures and videos of churches, castles, and other interesting things and not violate the rules.

Whatever people do it is always a possibility that something can happen that causes harm to other people or property. Accidents can always happen. That's the life we live.

Reactions: PhoenixOne
I say stick around. Maybe someday you will be able to fly less restrictive. Beside, there are those of us (myself) that could always use advice from people with experience like yourself. If you aren’t a flier right now, at least stick around as a mentor.

You posted this in Mavic also and if you really want to go then just log out but if you want to be removed then message me and will take care of it for you but please don't start no more threads like this.
Unknown-1.png

Reactions: PhoenixOne

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic