Some things I just cant find info on

Reaction score
Hello,Hello,Hello.:)
FYI,,, first time flyer, LOVING IT.:D:D:D
Got the P3P Friday, Pilot app Fri night,Updated firmware Fri night.Got to fly (first time :eek:) Sat. Everything went well.
Theres a few things I cant find info on and was hoping to get help here
It does NOT hover very well. If I set it at 6' it will make its way down to 6" within a minute. So I cant really take my eyes off it. Also if its at 6 ' it says I'm at 20'
There's really not much info on the pilot app that I can find . For the life of me I cant get the pics to go to my IPAD 2. The Ipad is set to receive them ,the privacy setting is open to DJI. it even has its own folder.But as of now I cant do it.
Is there a way to put all the camera setting back to factory? OR can someone share there settings with me ? They dont have to be professanal quailty,just good all around settings. I was following the YOU TUBE tutorial on the setting,and I must have done something wrong because I get black and white stripes now:eek: across parts of the screen

Got the P3P Friday, Pilot app Fri night,Updated firmware Fri night.Got to fly (first time :eek:) Sat. Everything went well.
It does NOT hover very well. If I set it at 6' it will make its way down to 6" within a minute. So I cant really take my eyes off it. Also if its at 6 ' it says I'm at 20'
There's really not much info on the pilot app that I can find . For the life of me I cant get the pics to go to my IPAD 2. The Ipad is set to receive them ,the privacy setting is open to DJI. it even has its own folder.But as of now I cant do it.
Is there a way to put all the camera setting back to factory? OR can someone share there settings with me ? They dont have to be professanal quailty,just good all around settings. I was following the YOU TUBE tutorial on the setting,and I must have done something wrong because I get black and white stripes now:eek: across parts of the screen

The black and white stripes are an indication you're getting waaaaay overexposed. I can't remember at the moment where the setting is, but you can turn that off so the zebra stripes don't show. However, if your settings are like that, you need to investigate further.

The pics/videos you take do NOT end up on your iPAD except perhaps through caching. Routinely, everything gets written to an microSD card. Look on the gimbal. On one side you'll see a port that will accept a microUSB plug - you can connect your computer via this port and download your photos and videos - the P3 must be on to do this. Or, alternately, you can remove the microSD card on the other side of the gimbal and read it into your computer.

The black and white stripes are an indication you're getting waaaaay overexposed. I can't remember at the moment where the setting is, but you can turn that off so the zebra stripes don't show. However, if your settings are like that, you need to investigate further.

The pics/videos you take do NOT end up on your iPAD except perhaps through caching. Routinely, everything gets written to an microSD card. Look on the gimbal. On one side you'll see a port that will accept a microUSB plug - you can connect your computer via this port and download your photos and videos - the P3 must be on to do this. Or, alternately, you can remove the microSD card on the other side of the gimbal and read it into your computer.
Hey thanks for the reply,
Got it with the over exposed,I know right where that setting is.
I know where the SD card and the port is,,,I just heard or read that you can configure it to go right to the IPAD. Probably misread it duh.
HOPEFULLY:rolleyes: someone will jump in with their setting.

The altitude is determined by a barometer - so it is not perfect... so don't really count on it to be super accurate.

The dropping altitude is an issue - did you calibrate everything (IMU, compass etc?) I have not experience even the slightest altitude loss with the P3 - so that's something you need to look into....

Hey thanks for the reply,
Got it with the over exposed,I know right where that setting is.
I know where the SD card and the port is,,,I just heard or read that you can configure it to go right to the IPAD. Probably misread it duh.
HOPEFULLY:rolleyes: someone will jump in with their setting.
You can actually download pix and vids from the bird to you iPad. If you click the playback button, then select the wanted pictures and video and click the download button it will download them to your tablet in flight. It will only do jpeg and mov, not RAW files.

The altitude is determined by a barometer - so it is not perfect... so don't really count on it to be super accurate.

The dropping altitude is an issue - did you calibrate everything (IMU, compass etc?) I have not experience even the slightest altitude loss with the P3 - so that's something you need to look into....
I'v done a compass calibration ,But I havent found info on the IMU calibrate for the P3P

You can actually download pix and vids from the bird to you iPad. If you click the playback button, then select the wanted pictures and video and click the download button it will download them to your tablet in flight. It will only do jpeg and mov, not RAW files.
Thats the info I was looking for:D,I'll give it a shot tomorrow:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You said you downloaded P3 Pilot AP for your iPad 2, I have an iPad 2 and tried to download P3 Pilot and I got a message that the AP is not compatible.
I can't get DJI to give me an answer.
Did you have a problem?

You said you downloaded P3 Pilot AP for your iPad 2, I have an iPad 2 and tried to download P3 Pilot and I got a message that the AP is not compatible.
I can't get DJI to give me an answer.
Did you have a problem?
NO ,I did not,and I'm real bad with downloading stuff.
I'm pretty sure they just came to an agreement with Apple in the past month or 2 so if you haven't tried it recently maybe you can give it another try
Is this the one you tried.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dji-pilot/id943780750?mt=8

I'v done a compass calibration ,But I havent found info on the IMU calibrate for the P3P

The icon for the MC settings is that little group of four dots in the extreme upper right hand corner of the pilot app. Select that, then select SENSORS. One of those IMU "buttons" near the bottom will allow you to calibrate the IMU sensor.

Everybody and his brother recommends you get your Phantom cool before IMU calibration. Put your Phantom either in the refrigerator or in a cool room. Let it get really cool, then turn everything on in proper sequence - controller, phantom, mobile device, pilot app, the get to the IMU calibration screen and calibrate - make sure your Phantom is on a very level surface - being level is very, very important.
Good luck.

The icon for the MC settings is that little group of four dots in the extreme upper right hand corner of the pilot app. Select that, then select SENSORS. One of those IMU "buttons" near the bottom will allow you to calibrate the IMU sensor.

Everybody and his brother recommends you get your Phantom cool before IMU calibration. Put your Phantom either in the refrigerator or in a cool room. Let it get really cool, then turn everything on in proper sequence - controller, phantom, mobile device, pilot app, the get to the IMU calibration screen and calibrate - make sure your Phantom is on a very level surface - being level is very, very important.
Good luck.
I cant wait to try this. I'll keep you posted . Thank You:)

Oh yes ,that did it. I have also learned it's best to use the cable or pull the card to download video.Thanks for the help.

Good luck.
I found the IMU calibrate button but could not get it to calibrate. The calibrate button would not do anything. I imagine it was supposed to be lit up (a white light Calibrate button instead of a dark calibrate button).Did that make any sense :confused:. Well I wanted to get some air time in before dark so:rolleyes:. I'll do some more fiddling when the battery charges up.
Thank You

I found the IMU calibrate button but could not get it to calibrate. The calibrate button would not do anything. I imagine it was supposed to be lit up (a white light Calibrate button instead of a dark calibrate button).Did that make any sense :confused:. Well I wanted to get some air time in before dark so:rolleyes:. I'll do some more fiddling when the battery charges up.
Thank You
Check out this video--
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks Bob...
More helpful info to absorb, while I continue my wait, for the Phantom 3 Pro' to arrive.

The forums and informative Phantom 3 videos have been my therapy... Hahaha, and it's only good time now...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Kevpain1
GREAT video. I see where I went wrong with not being able to calibrate ,,,,
I saw the calabrate button but I did Not know I could scroll down to the
Check IMU IMU Calibration duh:confused:
I'll do it when I get home along with the gimbal calibration
Very excited Thank You sooo much

Worked great. :D
I calibrated the IMU and I now dont have the slowly landing itself problem..
Since I was in there and now know how to do it I did the Gimbal calibration which straightened up the horizontal picture :D
I also did the RC calibration,(pretty sure I have to do that again):confused:
Thank you,thankyouverymuch:D:D

Cheers--- MAD RC on youtube has some great P3 how to videos-- :) DJI should put him on the payroll-- Maybe he is:D

Good stuff. I've never had any issues after firmware updates and IMU with either the P3 or P2 though. If it ain't broke....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31