So....Yeah...This happened

I have a question that may or may not pertain to the "crash". If the bird was executing RTH with avoidance activated and the battery hit critical...descent begins, there is an obstruction, does OSS kick in or is that not possible with the nearly depleted battery?

Last edited:
next time use a lanyard, might have saved the ipad and the RC

My girlfriend was filming the P4 with her Mavic Pro and when I fell in she panicked and was too busy focusing on me to follow where my drone flew off too;/

I went back to the location this morning and basically plotted a straight line from the last location I saw it from and walked for about a mile to see if it had landed at the critical point but I could not see anything. I then signed into the DJIgo app on my phone to check if any information had synced over before the crash/Offline and it was telling me the last location was in a spot that I was not even remotely near when I fell so I jumped back into the car and went back to the spot with the rough idea of the location and I wasn't sure if it had crashed into the ground or was wedged in a tree somewhere but no harm in looking I guess and after an hour or so of searching guess what!

I found her! 2 of the 4 rotors where broken but the drone itself escaped the crash with only a slight mark on the leg

15x2ywz.jpg

Damage on the landing leg

okol1k.jpg

You were one lucky dog. Hope you never have to go through that again.
I have 4 more replacement blades so that's, not a problem and that mark on the landing leg doesn't seem to affect it in any way so all in all, not a huge loss! The controller is on its way to DJI for repair as we speak and the iPad that got water damaged is being replaced by my Insurance policy so total cost of this accident is only 4 new DJI propeller blades

Thank you to those who commented with suggestions as without these I probably wouldn't have found it again so huge thanks!

My girlfriend was filming the P4 with her Mavic Pro and when I fell in she panicked and was too busy focusing on me to follow where my drone flew off too;/

I went back to the location this morning and basically plotted a straight line from the last location I saw it from and walked for about a mile to see if it had landed at the critical point but I could not see anything. I then signed into the DJIgo app on my phone to check if any information had synced over before the crash/Offline and it was telling me the last location was in a spot that I was not even remotely near when I fell so I jumped back into the car and went back to the spot with the rough idea of the location and I wasn't sure if it had crashed into the ground or was wedged in a tree somewhere but no harm in looking I guess and after an hour or so of searching guess what!

I found her! 2 of the 4 rotors where broken but the drone itself escaped the crash with only a slight mark on the leg

15x2ywz.jpg

Damage on the landing leg

okol1k.jpg

I have 4 more replacement blades so that's, not a problem and that mark on the landing leg doesn't seem to affect it in any way so all in all, not a huge loss! The controller is on its way to DJI for repair as we speak and the iPad that got water damaged is being replaced by my Insurance policy so total cost of this accident is only 4 new DJI propeller blades

Thank you to those who commented with suggestions as without these I probably wouldn't have found it again so huge thanks!
So glad you found would have been devastated ifit was mmine

its not, true false news ..more holes in this story than a block of swiss cheese......plenty of time has passed to get the video.enough has been said this thread should be closed unless the poster/poser can bring evidence to the table .again I say prove it....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.