so whats the verdict on the latest firmware?

Reaction score
I have been holding off upgrading from version 2 so I dont have any of the silly restrictions on mine. wondering if that waypoints stuff is worth the hype or what?

I appreciate your honest opinions for those that have actually used it. Not interested in hearing your opinions if you haven't upgraded. :cool:

I've stayed with 1.08 til the Waypoint update. I updated to 3.04 and 1.40 on the android app with no issues so far. No issues with waypoints except I'm still a bit Leary of letting it fly off alone and out of sight for so long.

I do not like the 2m per sec limits on descending speed, but its not a deal breaker. If and when I get tired of Waypoint navigation I may still go back to 1.08.

If you want the waypoint feature. Take the leap. Otherwise, you don't really gain anything.

wait so we can downgrade? i didnt think that was possible... do you still have that descent limit on ATTI mode? what is the standard descent speed? cuz mine hauls *** down when i hold the stick haha

Migmon said:
wait so we can downgrade? i didnt think that was possible... do you still have that descent limit on ATTI mode? what is the standard descent speed? cuz mine hauls *** down when i hold the stick haha

I didn't test that in Atti mode although I should have. I would assume its still there tho.

Yes you can downgrade to an earlier revision.
DJI makes no claims that you can do it "cleanly"... but, there have been no reports to suggest it has any side effects or lingering code anomalies. Seem to work just fine. I know there are several people who have downgraded... more than one time.

I keep a copy of 1.08 and android app 1.0.38 as a back up.

Ive upgraded to the latest and had no problems at all. As above the only downside is the slow descending speed. Seems to take forever to come down.

Irepairapples said:
How do I downgrade from 3.04 ?

I went from 2.0 down to 1.08. Deleted the 2.0 assistant from computer. Installed 1.08. Started controller, told me I needed to update. Chose 1.08 and upgraded to the older version. As I have already done it a month or so ago, I cannot give you the exact keystrokes. I did a search and found it on YouTube on how to downgrade.

No need to delete the assistant, each version has its own folder and is self contained so you can have all the version assistants installed and pick the one you want to use.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4